The News Thread

And they had no right to murder him. If someone resists a citizen's arrest, the "citizen" has the right to use non-deadly force only.

Based on what? If a person assaults a cop and tries to take their gun, the cop can shoot the attempted arrestee. I haven't seen anything to suggest that a citizen's arrest in Georgia doesn't work similarly.

1. "Citizen's arrests" are fucking bullshit. They're virtually impossible to legislate, and are the equivalent of vigilante justice. It's buffoonery championed by idiotic buffoons.

2. Unless you're in Texas, a citizen's arrest allows for non-deadly force only. Look it up.

1. No, they've existed for a long time and have been used legally

2. Assuming that is true, it's irrelevant. The video shows Arbery running towards the truck AFTER he had begun to run away, at which point he assaults the older man outside, punches him in the head multiple times, and attempts to steal his gun. Unless either the father or son are demonstrated to have used explicit verbal threats (e.g. "Run away and we will shoot you, jogger!"), they had used non-deadly force. They attempted to pin Arbery in without touching him (all sides agree with this).

Reactions: CiG
1. Yes. The "citizens" in this case have no authority. They've been used legally only insofar as certain citizens are granted more authority than others (yes, that's a racial comment).

2. It doesn't matter what the video shows. The "citizens" had no way of knowing whether Arbery committed a felony or not. They had no authority to judge the situation. When Arbery saw them coming at him with guns, he was within his rights to defend himself, whether he'd committed a felony or not.

How do you know that they had no way of knowing? That's not what the original police report said, which was that they did have first-hand knowledge of the situation. "Them coming at him with guns" is debatable too; the video shows the truck stopped a number of paces in front of Arbery, which he runs in the direction of. The final moments before the confrontation shows Arbery running at them, not the other way around.

A black guy sees two white dudes yelling at him and coming toward him in a pickup? In Georgia? They have guns, son.

The police report was made with knowledge that the older perpetrator was a prior official. Until there's an investigation, we have no reason to believe the shooters.

"urban exploration" :lol:

Lebron James takes the cake for the most retarded comment made so far. WEZE HUNTED DOWN LIKE ANIMALZ EVERY TIME WE STEP OUTSIDE.

Maybe Arbery was acting in self-defense because he thought he was about to get shot.
yea totaly, that's exactly what you do when someone rolls up on you with a shotgun. Start punching them :rolleyes:

If someone resists a citizen's arrest, the "citizen" has the right to use non-deadly force.

When someone tries disarming you and taking your weapon(which you are legally carrying btw) then you have every right to defend yourself. Stranger tries to take your gun ----> they got shot. Why would anyone be surprised with that outcome?

Smollet, trayvon and a bunch of other "innocent blacks" are pretty much proof that we need to wait and find out exactly what happened before letting the sharpton circus take over with their racebaiting vitriol

A black guy sees two white dudes yelling at him and coming toward him in a pickup? In Georgia? They have guns, son.

The police report was made with knowledge that the older perpetrator was a prior official. Until there's an investigation, we have no reason to believe the shooters.

So you think there was a conspiracy on the part of the coroner too?

Here's the full report (with relevant laws edited in) if you haven't seen it:

1589.png

yea totaly, that's exactly what you do when someone rolls up on you with a shotgun. Start punching them :rolleyes:

lmfao.

Why is it more important that the jogga is black rather than a thief that just got spotted trespassing?

So you think there was a conspiracy on the part of the coroner too?

Here's the full report (with relevant laws edited in) if you haven't seen it:

View attachment 24725

Two white guys approaching a black guy with guns drawn. That's what I see here.

They approached Arbery with firearms being carried "in an open fashion." The coroner said this is legal open carry--but how's a stranger supposed to interpret this? You're giving all the credit to the perpetrators, and none to the victim.

Based on what I read about this, I see vindication being given to two attackers based on one's prior relationship with law enforcement. And I see a black victim who was probably terrified for his own life.

If--if--Arbery stole anything, that still doesn't justify what happened to him. These two white assholes should have stayed home.

Sounds like what you would do.

Why is it more important that the jogga is black rather than a thief that just got spotted trespassing?

Seriously? A black man approached by two white guys in a pickup? In Georgia?

Your Aussie-ness is showing. ;)

Because it's important to promote an idea that Southerners are all evil Klansmen itching for a negro to lynch, to provide cover for enlightened New England and Californian murderers like Ed Buck that kill black men more subtly (and promote left-wing causes).

Reactions: Dak and CiG
If--if--Arbery stole anything, that still doesn't justify what happened to him. These two white assholes should have stayed home.

Why does it need to be the case that he stole something? He was caught trespassing on a construction site where the owners of the home under construction were also living in. Then he tried to fight two guys policing their neighbourhood who were armed? Darwin award.

Seriously? A black man approached by two white guys in a pickup? In Georgia?

Your Aussie-ness is showing. ;)

If Georgia is such a scary place for YBM joggas, why was he even trying to rob a house in that area in the first place? Seems very counter-intuitive, if I'm to believe he was in such a racially horrific situation.

Two white guys approaching a black guy with guns drawn. That's what I see here.

They approached Arbery with firearms being carried "in an open fashion." The coroner said this is legal open carry--but how's a stranger supposed to interpret this? You're giving all the credit to the perpetrators, and none to the victim.

Based on what I read about this, I see vindication being given to two attackers based on one's prior relationship with law enforcement. And I see a black victim who was probably terrified for his own life.

When Arbery charged at the older white guy, Arbery already had cover from him and could have conceivably run away (unless, as I admitted, they were threatening to shoot him if he ran). According to the coroner, the wounds were consistent with claim that the first (off-camera) shot was fired when Arbery charged the old guy and grabbed his shotgun, which resulted in Arbery having one of his hands shot. Arbery not only charged at him, but may have even been responsible for the first shot due to the wielder having his trigger-finger jolted.

Why does it need to be the case that he stole something? He was caught trespassing on a construction site where the owners of the home under construction were also living in. Then he tried to fight two guys policing their neighbourhood who were armed? Darwin award.

Two non-credentialed dudes "policing" their neighborhood. I'm suspicious of any such purportedly righteous behavior.

If Georgia is such a scary place for YBM joggas, why was he even trying to rob a house in that area in the first place? Seems very counter-intuitive, if I'm to believe he was in such a racially horrific situation.

I think thievery is rather counter-intuitive to begin with, no?

To be clear, I'm not condoning Arbery's behavior--again if, if, he actually committed robbery--but I'm also not condoning the behavior of the assholes who shot him. It's possible to say that all parties were in the wrong here.

When Arbery charged at the older white guy, Arbery already had cover from him and could have conceivably run away (unless, as I admitted, they were threatening to shoot him if he ran). According to the coroner, the wounds were consistent with claim that the first (off-camera) shot was fired when Arbery charged the old guy and grabbed his shotgun, which resulted in Arbery having one of his hands shot. Arbery not only charged at him, but may have even been responsible for the first shot due to the wielder having his trigger-finger jolted.

So their guns were already drawn...

Seriously? A black man approached by two white guys in a pickup? In Georgia? Your Aussie-ness is showing
WHITE GUYS APPROACH BLACK GUY???? OH NOOOEZ!!! IN A FUCKING PICKUP? OH DEAR LORDS. SOMEONEPRAYFORHIM

brah, your ingrained bigotry is showing.

what if i said "black guys approach a white guy in a Escalade? In Los Angeles? " You need to take a good look at yourself dude. I think you might be one of the most racist dudes i know.