The News Thread

If they were just out to get this poor innocent black jogger, why was every single bullet fired from close range? One had a shotgun the other had a pistol yet only the shotgun was fired and every time it was fired it was extremely close range?

Almost like they were trying to get him to stop and only started firing once he laid his hands on them. Is this point too vague for you?

No, I get it. You're saying they weren't out to kill him. I'm not saying they were. I'm saying Arbery had no way of knowing. You're saying he would. So we disagree.

I'm also saying the assailants shouldn't have taken it upon themselves to do this. Even admitting Arbery's at fault, the assailants are as much at fault.

giphy.gif

I spoke to soon.

I'm saying Arbery had no way of knowing. You're saying he would. So we disagree.

No that's not what I'm saying. It's not a matter of knowledge, it's a matter of deduction. If you punch someone who is armed and try to disarm them, you're more likely to a) be wounded or b) be killed than if you had simply stopped or ran away. Again I know you have some weird beef with common sense, but maybe you've just never been in a situation where you had to rely on it.

So no you don't know. They could have fired upon him for a good chunk of time before he was close enough to be any risk to their lives, but nothing happened until he "jogged" over and started assaulting them.

I'm also saying the assailants shouldn't have taken it upon themselves to do this. Even admitting Arbery's at fault, the assailants are as much at fault.

I disagree. Is the justification for attempting a citizen's arrest not as concrete as it could be? Sure, but the two armed men only started firing shots once Ahmaud put his hands on them and endangered their lives by trying to take their firearm. The fault is not equal here, and Ahmaud is only dead because he decided to take it there.

No that's not what I'm saying. It's not a matter of knowledge, it's a matter of deduction. If you punch someone who is armed and try to disarm them, you're more likely to a) be wounded or b) be killed than if you had simply stopped or ran away. Again I know you have some weird beef with common sense, but maybe you've just never been in a situation where you had to rely on it.

So no you don't know. They could have fired upon him for a good chunk of time before he was close enough to be any risk to their lives, but nothing happened until he "jogged" over and started assaulting them.

I disagree. Is the justification for attempting a citizen's arrest not as concrete as it could be? Sure, but the two armed men only started firing shots once Ahmaud put his hands on them and endangered their lives by trying to take their firearm. The fault is not equal here, and Ahmaud is only dead because he decided to take it there.

1) You're not using deduction. At best, you're using induction. The use of the word "likely" gives it away.

2) You don't know either.

3) Great, you disagree.

There it is! :rofl:

Read back dummy, I didn't say I was deducing anything, we were talking about Ahmaud. You said he had no way of knowing and that I think he does. I said it's not about what he knows or doesn't know but rather what he could have deduced from the situation before he decided to attack the son and try to disarm him.

dfg.gif

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
He wouldn't be deducing anything--he would be inducing.

Furthermore, you were inducing when you wrote "If you punch someone who is armed and try to disarm them, you're more likely to a) be wounded or b) be killed than if you had simply stopped or ran away."

Dummy.

1. The father is a trained professional (albeit retired)
2. It's far better for a citizen to prioritize their own safety (including that of their property) than worrying about legal retribution for self-defense
1. doesn't matter, the law isn't only for trained professionals. take some time and read what i'm typing out

2. the citizen jeopardized their own safety by being interested in being a vigilante. This point doesn't have anything to do with what i'm saying anyways.\

I don't understand why you all find this so implausible. People act all kinds of irrational when they think their lives are in danger.
I don't get why it matters if it was rational or not. You guys are caring about the wrong points man. This case is all about the powers the state gives to any citizen and none of us should want this in our society. Or at least write something fucking convincing that we SHOULD support laws like this.

In MY VERSION where he's a shady guy that just got caught, I think his reasoning was to do whatever he could to avoid arrest and the risk of violence outweighed the risk of being arrested for him. None of his actions seem rational for a random jogger, but they make sense if he's a dodgy dude doing dodgy shit.
imagine thinking it's worth it to get shot over going to jail for fucking trespassing and MAYBE theft/larceny. you're a fucking idiot on this one.

If they were just out to get this poor innocent black jogger, why was every single bullet fired from close range? One had a shotgun the other had a pistol yet only the shotgun was fired and every time it was fired it was extremely close range?
I didn't even notice this before. "self defense" :lol: fucking wack dudes. Arbery isn't even going ham on them and he gets shot. Bunch of scared idiots who fucked up and pulled the trigger. Little wanna be tough guys like TB out there.

tN8m1kr.gif