The News Thread

Just referring to the divisions between Catholics and Protestants, and how Germany is divided regionally because of it.

What's the capitalization thing you're doing there? Dak Sarcasm Is In Capitals? :lol:

I would imagine most "divisions" between cultures are rooted in religious ideas/practices/norms.

I would say religions are expressions, not the root. It provides a metanarrative to encapsulate particular epistemological, ontological, and ethical orientations.

It's been way less consistent since around then but I'd say at least half of the episodes are still good and plenty of them are great.

I think it peaks around season 8 or 9 and drops around season 11 or 12, iirc.

Also, just in case anybody here bought into that hero Muslim security guard Zouheir thing going around in relation to the Germany vs France soccer match attack.

http://www.snopes.com/zouheir/

Of course the media will focus heavily on minority "heroes" or victims when this stuff happens. One of the dead cops in the Charlie Hebdo attack was Muslim too, as everyone had to hear about.

At times like these there also has to be comparisons to white right wing terrorists. I guess it makes sense since both people like the Paris group and guys like Ted Kaczynski are part of faith-based terror networks with members in the hundreds of thousands. To make distinctions and talk about crazed loners is just racism, it's the exact same thing!

Just saw that Russia is offering 50$million for info on that plane crash, so it might be premature to say it was bombed. I don't get the long term vision of IS, they may just have united FRA/US/RUS.