The News Thread

I seriously doubt that Trump and the Senate will push through another justice but I hope they try.

Happy to be proven wrong. If Reps can hold onto the senate by a hair and prevent Biden from expanding the court, this is truly great news. If Dems manage to go ahead and add a couple extras, it's still an acceleration of the government's breakdown and I'm excited to see what craziness they'll bring with it.

What have I said that the president doesn't have control over? I feel like the only thing I've specified has been climate change (although I could be wrong, it's been a long day), and the president actually has a fair amount of sway on that issue.

Not really, and especially not when China is the main threat in a variety of ways, climate and otherwise. I didn't say anyone said the president "has control over" issues, but by even caring what the presidents "positions" are is relatively irrelevant outside of judges and FP. Symbology over substance is a major problem, always has been.

They might be indistinguishable if no one challenges them on it. Obama got away with a lot because very few people raised their voices (myself included).

The left has gotten dumber since then, not smarter. OWS had some legitimate gripes, but it's been successfully psyopped into wokeism. Bankers laughing all the way to....the bank.

Not really, and especially not when China is the main threat in a variety of ways, climate and otherwise. I didn't say anyone said the president "has control over" issues, but by even caring what the presidents "positions" are is relatively irrelevant outside of judges and FP. Symbology over substance is a major problem, always has been.

I think this is bullshit, but I'm content to let our differences lie.

Not if he molested a 15 year old.

Oh yeah for sure. Thats the bad part about it. *I didn't know it was noncing though; just the rape trial*. I had this conversation with one of my work buds and it just devolved into us making fun of him. That's where the inside joke of that came from.

That is the most neoliberal technocratic bullshit I've ever seen. The people for whom the parking ticket is the biggest burden, people living paycheck to paycheck, are the ones least likely to benefit from this.

Wow, guess blowing millions of dollars on public sculptures was a great idea after all:

Whale sculpture catches crashed Dutch metro train

GWSGQUF.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Trump might just pull it off again. Even if he misses by a little, so glad I voted for him this time.