The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

There was an interview where he admitted it did affect his playing.
A com eon. That's bullshit. Playing wrong notes has nothing to do with pain, playing positions or whatever. When you play between the 12th and 19th fret, you only have to move your shoulder a few mm, your main movements are in your wrist and fingers.

Ok, I just read the interview in which he mentioned the shoulder thing. He said "some of my fingers are not up to speed on a lot of things. It’s a slow process; I’m still not quite back to where I was before the operation."

Before the operation... his operation was in April 2017. Since when did he suck at playing again?

I said it's probably part of the problem. Not the entire reason behind it. But the interview I am talking about he said he ended up going to the shoulder operation because of the pain and how the pain made him feel bad on stage and he was not having a good time. I translated the important parts to the interviews thread in August 2017.
So he broke his shoulder in the famous bunk accident in 2009-2010? It was not properly treated, was painful, operated in April 2017? i mean why did he not get the surgery sooner that I don't understand.

I have played violin for an audience with just a migraine and while that doesn't directly affect my fingers, it makes me lose focus and just feel horrible overall. It does affect the playing in that way. Idk

But since shoulder pains and drinking weren't known problems really before blooddrunk and people have been complaining about this forever I really don't know or care anymore.

All of Alexi's injuries are still no excuse. He can hand off the difficult songs to Daniel. No one would complain. He can do lead on slower or easier songs. Also they have a tendency to speed up songs live for no good reason. If he could play better at regular speeds, that's what they should do. But obviously he doesn't care. For all the talk about how much playing live means, for all his 80s guitar god ambitions, it's bizarre that he cares so little about his on-stage performance.

The breaking of bones doesn't necessarily have to be the direct cause of his sloppiness. It just coincidentally started around that time. Maybe he got used to not playing every day and hasn't really kept up with practice since then. Maybe he decided looking cool and keeping the guitar lower was more important than playing good. All I know is early on he was a wizard. His COB and Sinergy shows were played very, very well.

Reactions: NewHewkas and rj rl
Shoulder injury can still affect your fingers. It's not just about the shoulder; Nerve damage could have come along with the fracture. And any nerve damage will DEFINITELY affect your fine motor skills.

He said it’s not a nerve problem in that last years interview.

whatever. He’s still an awesome guitarist and one of the best songwriters I know.

Im looking forward to new songs and the new constellation and never was a big fan of live acts in general (but more in guitar clinics). Live acts should make fun and should entertain me and so far, they have done so.

He’s still an awesome guitarist and one of the best songwriters I know..

That's the one thing that no one can take away from Laiho. I've never seen anyone with a more creative approach in solo writing. Especially in the first albums, but you still have absolute gems in the newer ones. He might be sloppy, but god, are those soli fantastic on the records.

Agreed. It just makes the live "attempts"/versions all the more disappointing, though. Seeing Hecate's played live then getting to the solo section killed me inside. The album version of that solo is excellent. The live version is fucking awful

That's the one thing that no one can take away from Laiho. I've never seen anyone with a more creative approach in solo writing. Especially in the first albums, but you still have absolute gems in the newer ones. He might be sloppy, but god, are those soli fantastic on the records.
Well, I'm not talking about solos. In my and most of the other guys opinion here, Laihos solo suck since almost 10 years. The last gems I've heard where on RRF (NMF and Ugly).

I was talking about his riffs and composing in general and: the bridge parts. In all of the songs in the world I've never heard any better ones than the ones from Alexi.

Tragician, you could use your pinkish artwork in a Bodom jazz cover album. :p You know, it's that jazz style, they pull song titles from the top of the hat, and so on, not trying to look serious, just elegant jamming with bass, organ, trumpet and drumkit, tongue-in-cheek stuff for oldies in ale inns. To be fair my bass journey has led me to find jazz educational, it's like a playground of good musicians...

Last edited:
Well who knows :D
I think that album cover is a little bit too melancholic looking for a jazz album though :D

" Happy Birthday Alexi! "

92569916_823453281495590_5433846813168341088_n.jpg

Idc about the name, but I'm still hella excited. Tho I'm wondering what Jaska and Janne are about to do. Henkka joined a new band, but I'd wish J&J would find/form a new band, cause otherwise its kinda a waste

Reactions: COB-666
Long time no message

I’ve been in pretty close contact with one of the guys who left (not going to say which member) but he gave me a lot of details about the break up, recording of each album, Roope and alexis serious issues with alcohol not many seen. That the break up wasn’t a good break up, they haven’t spoken since etc. Business details, how long the break up was planned etc I’m just not sure if I should post it on here because it seems like it’s unfair on the guy who has gave me a lot of details.

Feel free to add me on Facebook or Instagram or something and I can share some of the messages but I won’t be saying who it was from etc

instagram - alixcobhc
Facebook - Alix booth

Take care

Long time no message

I’ve been in pretty close contact with one of the guys who left (not going to say which member) but he gave me a lot of details about the break up, recording of each album, Roope and alexis serious issues with alcohol not many seen. That the break up wasn’t a good break up, they haven’t spoken since etc. Business details, how long the break up was planned etc I’m just not sure if I should post it on here because it seems like it’s unfair on the guy who has gave me a lot of details.

Feel free to add me on Facebook or Instagram or something and I can share some of the messages but I won’t be saying who it was from etc

instagram - alixcobhc
Facebook - Alix booth

Take care

I'm very excited... :p followed you.

Long time no message

instagram - alixcobhc
Facebook - Alix booth

Take care
Yeah better to keep things out of public if the band members haven't shared it. I kinda hate not knowing as much as I'd like but then again I'd probably not want to have to go over that kinda stuff in the media if I were them... It's just sad that the friendship seems to be over. I don't know why I care about that so much, maybe growing up listening to them made the band sorta like another set of parents to me :D I still feel like the breakup isn't even true.

Anyway I sent u a follow request on instagram.
I'm ernunymous.

Last edited:
Thought I'd make a new thread for things going on after the breakup.

SO FAR:
Henkka has joined a band called Moon Shot with members of Lapko and Disco Ensemble.

Janne has said that he will probably continue Warmen at some point but no news about that yet what I have seen.

Alexi and Daniel are carrying on with COB, new members and new name. They have already been decided months ago but no plans or names have beeb revealed yet. Alexi has posted a small trailer onto his instagram and Daniel has teased us with a post with a timer. Something will happen tomorrow, march 16th.

Will we finally get a pink album cover?
Thought I'd make a new thread for things going on after the breakup.

SO FAR:
Henkka has joined a band called Moon Shot with members of Lapko and Disco Ensemble.

Janne has said that he will probably continue Warmen at some point but no news about that yet what I have seen.

Alexi and Daniel are carrying on with COB, new members and new name. They have already been decided months ago but no plans or names have beeb revealed yet. Alexi has posted a small trailer onto his instagram and Daniel has teased us with a post with a timer. Something will happen tomorrow, march 16th.

Will we finally get a pink album cover?
What Happend To Jaska Is He Playing In Some Other Band?