The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

:( :D

6krcljp.png

Maybe becayse they don't have an official keyboardis they are not showing them being recorded and they're not on the music video? But also at this point it is starting to look like there won't be keyboards but who knows. It would look kinda weird to have a song with keys but no player in the video for it...
After all even in COB stuff the creativity with the keyboards kept going downhill.

Are the not commenting on the issue because they don't want people to make any conclusions beforehand like "no keys? oh fuck that!" or what lmao

Could also be that they're having problems finding the guy and just decided to go with the EP without?

It now seems obvious to me that BAM won't feature keyboard, hence the session keyboardist for the COB songs live.
I'm curious about BAM music and quite happy if it reveals true.
New band, fresh ideas, and less compromise. I like it.
For those whining about the lack of keyboard it might be time to accept that COB is done. Great news is they still produced 10 albums ;-)
Even if COB has got a huge place in my relationship to music (and guitar playing), I'm happy how it's turning out.

That would be very welcome news if future BAM songs had no keyboards. Sure, they can have some guy there live for COB songs, although that would be very cool to hear COB songs without the keyboard. But I'm not that optimistic about BAM music lacking keys altogether.

The absence of a full-time keyboard player is interesting, in so far as what it could mean about the COB breakup. Was Janne getting on Alexi's nerve? He sure was getting on mine, and the in the last couple of records he was acting as if he were the main songwriter. Maybe Alexi wants to avoid a repeat of that. He doesn't seem of late as someone interested in anyone else's input anyway.

Reactions: <Arcane>
That would be very welcome news if future BAM songs had no keyboards. Sure, they can have some guy there live for COB songs, although that would be very cool to hear COB songs without the keyboard. But I'm not that optimistic about BAM music lacking keys altogether.

The absence of a full-time keyboard player is interesting, in so far as what it could mean about the COB breakup. Was Janne getting on Alexi's nerve? He sure was getting on mine, and the in the last couple of records he was acting as if he were the main songwriter. Maybe Alexi wants to avoid a repeat of that. He doesn't seem of late as someone interested in anyone else's input anyway.
Heresy! :D

Why did Janne seem like the main songwriter on the last couple albums? Never felt like that to me, rather it felt to me that his role in the song writing had been diminishing for years due to how little keys there were on the later albums compared to the early ones.

It was more that he acted like it. On videos and interviews he talked like he was the man.

I do have my personal crackpot theory that Alexi and the others knew that Hexed would be the final album, so Alexi tossed a little bit of freedom to the others. There's a solo for each member (Hexed has the bass solo outro, SNLB has a drum solo, Platitudes has the lone keyboard solo, and I'm unsure if Daniel did any of the guitar solos). So he gave each a solo as a final kind of thing.

And yes, merry Christmas to you all!

Alexi is going to appear in an episode of a TV series?
This is I guess a comedy about an old man who wants things to go back to how they were decades ago.

Reactions: COB-666 and Sany
It looks like he is playing on the street for money and he is asked if he has a mobile payment app and he's like "haha yeah no I don't" :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Sany
Re BAM having keyboards, I wouldnt be surprised if they went down the route of most live bands these days where any keys are on a backing track. I noticed the band seemed to be playing to a click track on the live videos (or they just had a drummer who could stick to a tempo) so it wouldnt be much more of a step. Bands like Arch Enemy, Sabaton have had backing keys for decades. Its cheaper to tour when you have less people and gear to cart around

For some reason, I imagine Alexi being the type of guy who is vehemently against using pre-recorded pieces for live performances

i dont care much for keys solos even though some of them were awesome, many of them i could have done without but the keys add dimension and atmosphere so i hope he keeps them for that at least.