The Night and the Silent Water

Yes doing anything to impair your judgment while driving is just effin' stupid. No disagreement there.

OP, know that nobody is ragging you for weed, they're ragging you for driving while intoxicated with any substance that could impair your driving skills.

Have you ever driven while tired? How bout while talking on a cell phone? Have you ever changed your CD while driving? Or eaten fast food?

There are lots of ways a driver can be impaired, and drugs and alcohol aren't the only way. I think a lot of it has to be based on context (hence the use of field sobriety tests).

Once again, not condoning anything here. Just playing devil's advocate...

ffs, devil's advocatdo, whatever, can a person not show his or her appreciation for an old opeth song here on this forum? that's all i wanted to do. the marijuana use was but a footnote, as i have said. ok, i'm not good with words. i don't normally usually talk to people so i may not always know how to correctly convey my thoughts and feelings in ways that others can understand and respect. my bad, ok???

Very few people do not do any of things you mentioned.

Yeah... that was kind of like... my point...

ffs, devil's advocatdo, whatever, can a person not show his or her appreciation for an old opeth song here on this forum? that's all i wanted to do. the marijuana use was but a footnote, as i have said. ok, i'm not good with words. i don't normally usually talk to people so i may not always know how to correctly convey my thoughts and feelings in ways that others can understand and respect. my bad, ok???

liek, ffs...

I'm defending you man...

Not that it seems to make much of a difference. You should really put more time and thought into your posts if you want to look somewhat intelligent on here. Quality > Quantity

Anarchy, nobody really gives a shit about the weed. Don't take it personally. Taking it personally is the route of the fail.

Blowing it off and then bragging excessively about how much pot you smoke in comparison to how much wang the nay-sayers suck is the way to go.

AMIRITE?!

Yeah... that was kind of like... my point...

liek, ffs...

I'm defending you man...

Not that it seems to make much of a difference. You should really put more time and thought into your posts if you want to look somewhat intelligent on here. Quality > Quantity

sorry man, i'm doing the best i can, sincerely.
as i've said, i'm not very good with words, or with talking to people. that's probably the thing that i suck at the most in all of life, is talking to people. i don't know what to say or not to say, i just say what i feel and it usually doesn't make me very many friends. i don't think i developed the proper social skills or something. i'm sorry, i don't want to make any more enemies. :(

Anarchy, nobody really gives a shit about the weed. Don't take it personally. Taking it personally is the route of the fail.

Blowing it off and then bragging excessively about how much pot you smoke in comparison to how much wang the nay-sayers suck is the way to go.

AMIRITE?!

ok i don't know what amirite means, but i do smoke more pot than most of y';all get your dicks sucked, if that means anything. and yeah i'ma dude, and no i never get my duck sicked, ok that's a bad analogy. umm ok i'm really not good at this kidna sutff :((

ok i don't know what amirite means, but i do smoke more pot than most of y';all get your dicks sucked, if that means anything. and yeah i'ma dude, and no i never get my duck sicked, ok that's a bad analogy. umm ok i'm really not good at this kidna sutff :((

Lol close enough.

Also, if you find yourself in an unwinnable argument, simply replying with "NO U" is an automatic win and requires no further input on your part no matter what anyone else says.

Although feel free to reply with another 'NO U' if necessary. :headbang:

fuck it, i give up. i tried for the i dont' know how many times and i just keep failing. i'm done, sorry for trying to share my love for opeth, but i guess you guys just seem to care more about other stuff. me personally, all i have is opeth, i don't even have one single friend who has even heard of them, not that i have many friends, i mean i can count my personal accuaintances on less than half of one hand, and all i'm trying to do is make more friends. i'm sorry if i dont' know the correct way in which to do it, i'm doing the best i can, the only way i know how. not everyone is as socially advanced as the rest of you. but some of us have the same appreciation for music, maybe even more so, i mean to me, opeth is the ultimate form of music. i don't listen to any other bands, sometimes soilwork or tool, but 99% of the time, all i listen to is opeth. i would think that would earn me at least the least amount of cred that one could expect to recive in a place such as this, which is, to me, sorry as is is to say, this is really the most contact i've had with people outside of work in months. i don't know what else to say and i'm sorry for intruding on your territory.

and regarding the roudnhouse tapes and TNATSW, what does mike say when introducing this song? to me it sounds like he says, "please enjoy this one, it's a doobie song" doobie meaning marijuana joint. correct me if i'm wrong?

I'm pretty sure he says its a doomy song. As in doom metal.

Hooooooooly shit.... This is a ridiculous thread.

Mike does say "Doomy" song. Although, maybe if he did say Doobie, they could cover the Doobies' "Black Water" and mix it with Blackwater Park". Maybe stick that "I wanna hear some funky dixieland pretty momma come take me by the hand" vocal breakdown in right after Mike screams "The sun sets forever over blackwater park" or something. Think how cool that would sound while driving stoned.

I kid because I care, btw. :)

i guess i'm the only one around here who considers smoking marijuana to be a joy rather than a decrement.

Look I don't have much against it in itself, I just think it's irresponsible to do it and drive.

I know you came here to talk about Opeth, fair enough, but it was you that started the whole argument by claiming that you were fine to drive when stoned. A response like that is basically asking for an argument. You could have just let it go and moved along to another thread.

Weed here in the States doesn't typically get you totally fucking bombed like that premium shit you get in Europe. Unless you live in California or are near the Canadian border.

Give the guy a little bit of a break. What you guys consider stoned over there, we can only dream of.