The Novembers Doom Podcast

We'd love to play some new tunes for you guys, we're anxious to see what people think, however we don't have the control to just release the music whenever we feel like it, we have to get approval from the label for any material we release, whether in part or whole. Being that it's only February and the record isn't due 'til May, it's still a bit early. We're working with them in hopes of getting at least one preview track out soon, so when we get the approval to do so, we'll do it. I know some of you guys are anxious and so are we, but all in due time.

We'd love to play some new tunes for you guys, we're anxious to see what people think, however we don't have the control to just release the music whenever we feel like it, we have to get approval from the label for any material we release, whether in part or whole. Being that it's only February and the record isn't due 'til May, it's still a bit early. We're working with them in hopes of getting at least one preview track out soon, so when we get the approval to do so, we'll do it. I know some of you guys are anxious and so are we, but all in due time.

actually, I wasn't even just talking about new songs, I was thinking you guys could just play a tune or two from your discography, like an ND song of the week or something, just my thought :headbang:

Ah I see. Yeah that's not completely out of the question I guess, I dunno if we could or would put entire songs in there but perhaps snippets of songs or something. As we mentioned before, as time goes on the podcast will branch out into different areas besides just talking about "Aphotic" and things pertaining to it. We've already got a couple of cool ideas planned for special topics, maybe even guests occasionally. We're still getting used to this and working out all the kinks so it'll get better and more interesting over time I'm sure.

Just finished the 6th podcast and i was happy to hear Vito's voice. That guy changed my life. I didnt know what to do with my gf and i just took Vito's advice and smacked here right in the face. Now she dosnt question me. So thank you big V you are a beautiful human being. And the fact that you wrote "The voice of failure" adds to the beauty that is VIto.

Just finished the 6th podcast and i was happy to hear Vito's voice. That guy changed my life. I didnt know what to do with my gf and i just took Vito's advice and smacked here right in the face. Now she dosnt question me. So thank you big V you are a beautiful human being. And the fact that you wrote "The voice of failure" adds to the beauty that is VIto.

Glad I could help bro!

I think location does make some difference, sure, but dunno how much better it'd be for us if we said we were from Sweden lol.

that's because US isn't stereotypical doom metal country. It's like good black metal comes from Norway, good alternative/indie rock comes from UK, folk/viking comes from Germany and so on :rofl:

well, kidding of course and location doesn't really matter but some people do pay attention to that kind of stuff. Even I was a bit confused (coz I'm all open-minded and cool :rofl:) when I found out that Agalloch and Delta Spirit were american bands, see stereotypes are bitches ^^

Well certain areas and certain bands wind up becoming the most well known for certain kinds of music, I understand that totally. Everyone thought that the Seattle grunge scene was producing something totally "new" and in fact it wasn't very new, and there were bands from all over who were doing the same thing at the same time, or earlier, than the Seattle bands were. But it was the Nirvanas and Pearl Jams who made the style most well known and so therefore their region gets the credit. That's fine. I just hate when people automatically turn their noses up at a band just because they're NOT from the region that is most commonly associated with the style. Anyone who'd automatically assume bands like ND or Agalloch can't be taken as seriously as, or as good as, bands from Europe just because we're American is ridiculous. But you're right, it happens all the time. Perhaps in the days before the internet it could excused a bit more, but now that we have the 'net where we can clearly see that there's excellent bands popping up doing all different styles from all over the world, everyone should know better than to assume that only certain regions can produce the "best" artists of specific genres. There's nothing in the water anywhere that I know of that makes someone more talented than others, lol.

One more thing.......someday, I'd love to either do an audio or video documentary, or a website, dedicated specifically to the midwest metal scene of the 1980s and early 1990s. I think if people were exposed to the bands and music that was coming from our region back then, they'd understand more clearly where bands like ND truly got our sound from and where our roots truly lie. Since most people out there now haven't heard of many of these bands who influenced us, it's natural for them to assume our influences come from other more well-known sources. Plus, aside from that, I'd just love to get those bands' music out to more people, since it should've been heard by more people in the first place. Alot of your favorite bands (from other countries than the U.S. no less) were aware of these midwest underground bands and drew alot of influence from them, just ask Napalm Death, Carcass, Cathedral, At The Gates, and many more....

....I really think I need to look into doing this, I'm not exactly sure how to go about it but I think it'd be pretty interesting.

sooo, any news on when that youtube preview will come out? also, in response to larry, that would be very interesting to see.

I had a great time coming up and recording with you guys. Just tell me where to go and when, and I'll be there to help out any time.

I don't really remember a lot of what I did on the album, as I hadn't heard any of the songs ahead of time, except for a demo of What Could Have Been. But in few hours I was in the studio, I witnessed some of the heaviest music I've ever heard. Not just ND fans should be excited for this released, but really all fans of metal in general. I'm totally looking forward to picking this up and finally hearing the finished product!

BTW, Paul: I was only offended by your views on the pipe organ. Sounds like a baseball game, my ass.
(Not actually offended, but I do have to disagree. Pretty funny though. I'll respect your opinion and won't try to stick my organ in your music ;) )

BTW, Paul: I was only offended by your views on the pipe organ. Sounds like a baseball game, my ass.
(Not actually offended, but I do have to disagree. Pretty funny though. I'll respect your opinion and won't try to stick my organ in your music ;) )

LOL! Nice!! See, Ben will fit right in with us.

Next CD, you have to come join us sooner, and work with us proper. You did a great job, and we're very happy with the keys on this CD! :headbang: