The NOW PLAYING thread

Oh yeah, forgot to respond to that part of the post.

I really want to make sure I give them the proper chance. Some bands have taken me a while to get into. Hell, Opeth, my #1 band ever is the best example. Similarly with Garden of Shadows, (old) Katatonia, Maudlin of the Well, Tristania, Nile, and especially Nightwish.

And, although I'm complaining about the vocals, they aren't BAD, I just don't like them. But they can still grow on me. Once I get past that, I can start evaluating the music itself.

I always found it interesting how other people listen to different parts of the music than I do. It's baffling, but it is the way of things.

Well, everyone likes different music. I like all metal genres except "nu metal". It doesn't fit me. I've tried it, but it's not that great in my opinion. But you can like it. People think I'm weird, because I listen to death metal or black metal, and then change to melodic metal.

Wow, the subject of relationships seems to be a hot one on this thread. I'm not about to go back and read the 600 or so posts since my last one on the subject. :p ;)

Let's just suffice to say that I'm almost always single, and it's never any fun when I am. It's kind of weird, because despite the fact that I'm a reclusive person I still have this need to share the love. Unfortunately, I've never been *in* true love either... mutually at least.

Ah.. just gotta post that I finally got that Agalloch demo I won at an auction. *happy* :)

And I have to recommend this band in my NP. Great progressive Metal.

Remarkable...

I hadn't read this thread previously and was amazed to find it had reached 64 pages!!

I can only imagine the discussion that have taken place.

Here's my small contribution to this thread's original objective.

Originally posted by Soulburner

What DT album(s) have you listened to? Maybe you haven't heard the 'right' ones? :)

I Think The Nomad asked the same question.
I have no idea which albums I heard songs from!
I have heard some old stuff and some new stuff...
But feel free to recommend one or two albums I
should give a listen, and maybe I will find the
time :eek:) It's just... The passion that
Dream Theater fans have for this band is
amazing, and I want to feel it too! >:eek:)