The "Offical" story on the DVD sound issue

I got my copy of the DVD Thursday, 28 and was very excited when unpacking it and putting it into my DVD player. First I thought that the sound would improve with the second and third song as often happens during live concerts. But then it dawned on me that this sound was not up to Enchant standards. I still played most of the concert, but knew I was not going to enjoy much of it this way. Glad I checked in on this forum to see it wasn't just me, but a production problem. What a relief!

I checked the Inside Out side Germany just now and the same message about returning the DVD to the store is there as well. I don't expect this to be a problem. I remember well how I sent back the Transatlantic DVD and within a week it was replaced. Great label!

Anyway, I hope the new DVD will be available soon. I'm still looking forward to it very much. I have at least been able to enjoy the second disc with the longest interview ever. Quite an annoying sound in the back with these pounding drums, btw. But a great interview with much too modest guys. I guess that's the attraction to Enchant for me as well. You guys are creating something powerful without an attitude. Rock on!!

Wouter

Look on the bright side.
The dodgy-sound version will be extremely rare and worth a small fortune in a few years time!

Good luck with it Doug! I hope everything is worked out soon!

We have been waiting patiently so another few weeks shouldn't be an issue, cannot wait to see it!! (I have actually saved up my money for once to get this DVD!) :D

-Andrei :wave:

I guess by most standards I'm lucky I have been too broke to even order the dvd until payday! I guess I'm also the only wacko here who would have kept the dang thing.:loco:

I hope word is getting out so that there won't be any more negative reviews posted on cd selling sites and other places. :erk: That really bugs the hell out of me--seeing as it's a technical problem, NOT the quality of Enchant's music. To be fair, all that negative $&@# should be deleted. Not that I'm biased or anything...

Doug, thanks for the direct line to us all regarding this sound problem. It sucks that you guys have worked so hard and this happened. I know the finished product is going to be so incredibly worth the wait. (Having been there, :D lucky me!!!)

Kristin
viaDragoncast