The official FIFA World Cup Deutschland 2006 Thread

Yes, the performance of CZ wasnt really impressive, but remember that they have the same zeal as Germans, but better players. Just look at the last ice-hockey world championships - they played terribly in the qualifying round, but then ended up getting silver. We will see.

So the All Whites just lost to Brazil 4-0 (I say just lost because we (NZ) struggle to beat anyone at soccer, now rugby thats a different story) I was expecting a thrashing of say 36-0. But the All Whites still did okay. Since NZ has no chance at the final, I actually dont know if they are even in the world cup, go Brazil!!!!!

^ Oh damn, now I'll be honest here: I fucking hate Brazil. Not the country nor their people (just to clarify), but their freaking soccer team!!!

I really, really, really don't want Brazil to win. I hope they get eliminated in the first round :heh: .

1: Germany 2: Netherlands 3: Brazil ( weeps in the semi final ) 4: Japan..... Does Nakata still play? If he doesn't then maybe Czech Republic...

Tritonus said:
1: Germany 2: Netherlands 3: Brazil ( weeps in the semi final ) 4: Japan..... Does Nakata still play? If he doesn't then maybe Czech Republic...

I think he does, I'm not sure either. Japan going up to quarters will certainly be something interesting.

Ganbatte Nipon!!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :headbang:

Nakata still plays for Japan, he was very disappointed with the performance of his team in the pre-champ matches, he said the players played soulessly. Aaah, I will sleep once more and here it is! :)

Ballack cant play tomorrow and everyone's like "OMG no! We's gonna lose 0:10!!111eleven"
He must be the most overrated player in the world.. topped only by Beckham. Im not saying he's a bad player though, but just as Beckham, he's not a leader. He's a decent midfielder, but not a "creator" in the way Zidane is.

This morning I went downtown Bremen, And first thing I saw when I got off the tramway was a guy with a german flag tied around his neck :p then probabily a croatian, with a shirt saying "hrvatska", filming the streets with a videocamera. At noon I saw some guys with WC t shirts.
I thought there would be some drunk supporters everywhere this afternoon, but no!

By the way, the swedish team is staying here in bremen :p

What!!!!!!! Serious! Have you seen Henrik Larsson then? You have to tell me anything you've seen. Can't you get some pictures and maybe an autograph for me?

solefald said:
Germany won hell yeah:headbang:
I tried to get into the olympia park into the FIFA Fan Point but it was closed when we arrived...
anyway we watched it at home, nice game

PROST :kickass: .

Ah, what a great game. Everyone over here was about to have a heart attack..., too much expectation ye know?

Anyway, CR did a really good job.

HAHA you thought you could just run over us?!? Well you couldn't hahahaha!!!

I think Germany's problem was that they were too over confident, they didn't expect to be scored. TWICE. Niaka niaka niaka. In yer face.

Anyway, I hope that serves a lesson to the German newspapers that published those nasty things about CR. They were saying that Germany was going to run over us, and well, yes, they won, but CR really did a good job IMO.

In your face!

Well, the only 2 goals you scored in the preparation matches were against the Regional Selection from.. uh forgot where exactly, and even that match you lost, so what did you expect?
The two goals were Arne Friedrich's fault, but if he had moved only 1m forward, the attackers would have been offside both times, so I hope he gets the hang of the system soon so we play more stable in the defense as well. Apart from that, very nice match imo, good, straightforward footy, good passes, Im well pleased :)

Yes, Klinsmann (sp?) seems to really have changed German football into something worth looking at (I still have their performance in Japan in 2002 before my eyes - three lousy 1:0 wins, terrible football = silver :lol: ). Although it puts a lot more pressure on the defenders, which was clearly visible, Friedrich was hopeless. Wanchope scored 2 wonderful goals, but the ones from Lahm and Frings were beyond words. :kickass: Frings is my favourite German player, has always been, he reminds me of Nedved in a way, always on the max.

Poland vs. Equador was also good, Poles unlucky with that bar and post, but they played terrible in the 1st half, so they kind of deserved it.

England game has been well boring. Can't be arsed with it.

My town is well noisey right now cos of the game. I was trying to catch some rays out back and all I can hear is horns being bleeted really loudly in that crazy football rhythm. It's a nice rowdy atmosphere and it seems everyone is a part of it.

Yeah, I have to admit germany's goals were really amazing, and almost impossoble to be catched by "Porritas" :lol: . Only the 2nd one was pretty lousy IMO, it only happened because of a mistake in the defense.

I have to admit that when Wanchope scored the 1st goal I nearly screamed my lungs out. I had a headache after that :cry: :p .

The game of England vs. Paraguay turned out pretty boring IMO. England won but because Paraguay did the goal to themselves.

Lets see how Sweden's match will turn out :) . GO SWEDEN :kickass: !!!
Sadly enough I'll only watch a bit of the second half since I have to study :cry: .