World Cup 2006: The groups have been called...

lol my country opens up the world cup against the only team at home,,how sad it will be,,although if they go too confident we might get lucky.

Es wird sehr schwer sein, aber man kann träumen!

rammpeth said:
lol my country opens up the world cup against the only team at home,,how sad it will be,,although if they go too confident we might get lucky.

You're from Costa Rica? Well, look at it this way, at least you qualified. :loco:

rammpeth said:
lol my country opens up the world cup against the only team at home

funny thing is the home team would be turkey if they qualified.

anyways, last world cup was of poor quality, i'm not expecting much from this one as well

h_deniz said:
anyways, last world cup was of poor quality, i'm not expecting much from this one as well

I think it will be better. Last time a lot of teams were awfully unprepared. It's to be expected they do not make the same mistake twice.

Though, looking at the schedule of the French team, they'll be together only one week before the WC and will have only one last preparation game. Needless to say, chances to see new faces appearing in the selection are ridiculously low. Which is a shame because younsters like Ribéry or Briand definitely have the profile to shake this bunch of chanceless fossils...

haha ribery, that bastard sold his team and took off. will he be on the squad? he's not that good.

h_deniz said:
haha ribery, that bastard sold his team and took off.

Yes I hate him, but his current performances are top-notch, best French player in the French league at the moment by far. And he's a fighter, which the selection lacks dearly.

surprising, considering it's the french league especially, because he was a half-decent pacy player who got knocked off in the slightest challenge last year. surely he's working hard to prove himself now

He he, in an interview he sayed he was the public's favorite in Galatasaray hahaha

Also I don't know if you followed the histrionic story of his transfer to Marseille. Allegedly he hadn't been payed in Turkey for months and as he signed his contract in Marseille, his manager and some Turk mafioso supposedly showed up at his house with a baseball club and threatened his wife, WTF :tickled:

nitwit...

yep, i had a good laugh back then.
he was the supporters' favourite because they hadn't seen a flamboyant player since Gheorghe Hagi.
and not being paid for months is an ordinary thing for a Galatasaray player, it's like a club tradition. funny thing is, they sent Ribery his money 3 hours later after he signed to Marseille, recognising what the fuck they had done