How England will win the World Cup this year...

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
GROUP A:
Germany - winner
Poland - runner up

GROUP B:
Sweden - winner
England - runner up

GROUP C:
Holland - winner
Argentina - runner up

GROUP D:
Portugal - winner
Mexico - runner up

GROUP E:
Italy - winner
USA - runner up (I think Czech Republic are gonna choke)

GROUP F: (and yet again, Brazil have the easiest group)
Brazil - winner
Japan - runner up (I think Croatia will choke here)

GROUP G:
France - winner
South Korea - runner up

GROUP H:
Spain - winner
Ukraine - runner up

SECOND ROUND:

Germany v England (hahahahaha...........wtf, again?) = ENGLAND 2-0
Holland v Mexico = HOLLAND 2-1
Sweden v Poland = SWEDEN 3-1
Portugal v Argentina = ARGENTINA 3-2
Italy v Japan = ITALY 4-1
France v Ukraine = FRANCE 1-0
Brazil v USA = BRAZIL 4-0
Spain v South Korea = SPAIN 2-1

QUARTER FINALS:

England v Holland = ENGLAND 1-0 (fuck me, England have got it tough)
Italy v France = ITALY 2-0
Sweden v Argentina = ARGENTINA 2-1
Brazil v Spain = BRAZIL 3-2

SEMI FINALS:

England v Italy = ENGLAND 1-0 (on a penalty, scored by Lampard)
Argentina v Brazil = BRAZIL 2-1

THIRD PLACE:

Italy v Argentina = ARGENTINA 3-1

FINALS:

England v Brazil = ENGLAND 3-2

Imagine that...:Spin:

are any dates set yet for these games ... would really want to see some of these games with a crowd in some bars

England squad v. Ditka:

Ditka 35, England 3.

I know, I know. Ditka is getting old okay? He lets a few slip by these days.

lurch70 said:
are any dates set yet for these games ... would really want to see some of these games with a crowd in some bars

All the group dates are already listed. You can check the espn site for them.

So I've attended Germany-USA yesterday evening in Dortmund's Westfalenstadion, a quite impressive arena with steep, high stands behind both goals. Germany won 4-1 but as always with those überlucky German bastards the score doesn't reflect the strength balance nor the quality of the US opposition.

The first ten minutes saw a couple close headers from the German forwards but then USA put a solid midfield grip and Germany seemed fresh out of options. The US boys even offered some excellent fast combination on the aisles which led to some panicky situations in front of Aryan gorilla Oliver Kahn. The halftime whistle sent both teams goalless to the cabins in an otherwise fast and pleasant game.

Germany scored a lucky first goal shortly after the second half started on one hell of a messy situation - a free-kick from Schweinsteiger on the right side of the penalty zone that every player failed to intercept, thus putting goalie Casey Keller in a tricky situation where he thought one of his defenders would kick the ball away and finally was forced to watch passively the ball land in the net... USA almost came to an equalizer shortly afterwards but Kahn extended his right arm to stop a dangerous head shot. The second and third goal in the 73rd (Neuville) and 75th (Klose) minutes resulted from severe position mistakes in the US back troops as they were starting to get a little overpowered. German star Ballack rounded it all up only four minutes later with a wonderful head goal from the penalty point. Bruce Arena's boys came to their well-deserved goal shortly before the end as Cherundolo's long air-kick was miserably missed by Kahn who probably thought it was more important to knock down US center forward Johnson...

So in the end what looks like a sovereign victory is really only the US team collapsing at a late point in the game under fatigue and lack of experience. In addition five of USA's main players were missing - granted some prominent Germans were missing too but I think their substitutes are better anyway. Let's hope it will make Germany overconfident and they will fuck the WC up! :heh:

Side note: I laughed like a complete retard when all the spectators were shouting "Sieg... Sieg... Sieg..." raising their right arms in the air.

I don't see why we won't win our group ahead of Sweden?

There's only 5 or 6 teams that stand any chance of winning the World Cup and I'd say we're definitely one of them.

fotmbm said:
because Sweden rox and u sux

Thanks for explaining it!

No seriously, Sweden are a good team and all, so maybe we'll share the points, but I don't think we'll lose any of our group games.

Ellestin, 8 of the 11 who played for the U.S. yesterday weren't 1st-teamers. It was mostly a tryout for most of those players to see if they could/would make the team. Still, they got routed late.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Ellestin, 8 of the 11 who played for the U.S. yesterday weren't 1st-teamers. It was mostly a tryout for most of those players to see if they could/would make the team. Still, they got routed late.

OK, then Germany got challenged pretty tough by second seeds. Have you seen the game?

I'm puzzled with this German team. It seems that they're able to summon the necessary fighting spirit and the players have strong individual abilities , but for some reason they often screw it up bad. My two-cents analysis would be that the conservative tactical scheme they're asked to fit into ultimately chokes their playing creativity off. And Oliver Kahn could be the weak link, just like he was in the 2002 finals.

That was a very frustrating game, especially since we’re only a couple months away from games against Italy and Czech Republic. The US squad was woefully inadequate, and badly needed missing players that hold things together in the midfield and in attack. Without Reyna (Who is now hurt a-fucking-gain!) and Donovan to move the ball forward, and Beasley, and even Dempsey to pose a threat on the flanks, the team was toothless. Brian Ching is no way capable of playing at this level. This team badly needs McBride to play at that position. Johnson did okay, but nothing special–he needs some more game time to get fit after injury. Then, there were the mistakes in the back that really broke our back. But like you said, the result was a little flattering to Germany.

Ellestin said:
OK, then Germany got challenged pretty tough by second seeds. Have you seen the game?

I'm puzzled with this German team. It seems that they're able to summon the necessary fighting spirit and the players have strong individual abilities , but for some reason they often screw it up bad. My two-cents analysis would be that the conservative tactical scheme they're asked to fit into ultimately chokes their playing creativity off. And Oliver Kahn could be the weak link, just like he was in the 2002 finals.

Unfortunately, I only saw the 2nd half when Germany dominated them. From what my friends tell me, the USA looked very good in the 1st half for the most part.

I still think the USA will do ok, but their group draw is going to be their downfall I'm afraid.