Euro 2004

JayKeeley said:
I know yanks who are passionate like that with baseball.
That's me. I know what you're saying, and I'll admit that I was not exposed to soccer near as much as basketball, football, and especially baseball (which I played for about 15 years). I'm very passionate about baseball, although I am constantly annoyed that a lot of the players are all about the money (hey, am I talking about metal?), which is what turned me off of the NBA.

And now that the Astros stole Andy Pettite away from the Yankees, oh what a glorious season it will be.

Dreamlord said:
word. nothing happens in soccer. At least in hockey there are fights.
Clearly you do not appreciate the art of hooliganism :cool:

Kudos to JK for explaining the matter fantastically :) almost makes me wish I had an interest now ^_^

It's a lot more interesting than a bunch of Canadian wimps in padding slapping each other, I'll tell you that :p

l8003_051.jpg

+
e17138hxvup.jpg

= win

Soccer is fun to play, but I've never kept up with any teams. I just figured I'd join in the other off-topics occuring. :p

Countless? We have 3. I used to be a Rams fan though, before they moved to St. Louis and got all churchy. Oh, and I haven't committed enough murders to be a Raiders fan.

Guys,

FOOTBALL rules full stop. You yanks are always complaining about the Footie but as soon as the USA are involved in the world cup it all becomes fucking patriotic with the waving of the stars and stripes.

Oh and by the way, the preliminary groups for the WORLD CUP 2006 in Germany have already been drawn.

England is in group 6 with: Poland, Austria, Wales, Northern Ireland and Azerbaijan.

Check out http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/ for more info.

Oh and by the way, England won the Rugby world cup. The whole of London was at standstill with a million people waving the flag as the England Rugby Team paraded the cup through the centre of London. If we can win the world cup in 2006 that would be awesome.

England in the same group as Wales and Northern Ireland? Oh god....the banter between friends is going to be brutally amusing. I wonder how low we could sink? :eek:

ChiefB said:
You yanks are always complaining about the Footie but as soon as the USA are involved in the world cup it all becomes fucking patriotic with the waving of the stars and stripes.
I can't name one soccer player from any country. And I don't own an American flag.

ChiefB said:
FOOTBALL rules full stop. You yanks are always complaining about the Footie but as soon as the USA are involved in the world cup it all becomes fucking patriotic with the waving of the stars and stripes.
There are some like that, but it is still a very small minority. It's the same way with the olympics. No one give a fuck about gymnastics or figure skating any other time.

Symphony said:
By the way, new Power Quest mp3's available at <A target=_blank href="http://www.power-quest.co.uk[/QUOTE">www.power-quest.co.uk
Wahay Steve! Very catchy indeed. Edge of Time has that Rainbow thing going on, and Temple of Fire...well, can anyone say Arrows Fly? Nice. Still waiting for the actual promo though. :(