The official "Hey I know what that song is about" thread.

tianenman is actually about a massacre happened 1989.
i think more than thousands students were killed in beijing by their government just becouse they were protesting for democracy on this tianenman square which is today the main square in beijing, just across the forbidden city. the name tianenman, stil dont know where from, should check up.

derek said:
All one in the same. Send your money to God, you actually CAN buy salvation!

churchsign257yc.jpg

of course

why hello thar protestant reformation :D

Tian'anmen Square (Simplified Chinese: 天安门广场; Traditional Chinese: 天安門廣場; Pinyin: Tiān'ānmén Guǎngchǎng) is the large plaza near the center of Beijing, China, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as a symbol because it was the site of several key events in Chinese history (See below: Events). Outside of China, the square is best known for the Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989.

The square is 880 metres south to north and 500 metres east to west, a total area of 440,000 square meters, which makes it the largest open-urban square in the world – considerably larger than Red Square in Moscow.

iva said:
tianenman is actually about a massacre happened 1989.
i think more than thousands students were killed in beijing by their government just becouse they were protesting for democracy on this tianenman square which is today the main square in beijing, just across the forbidden city. the name tianenman, stil dont know where from, should check up.

Interestingly, Frontline did a very cool followup show about the "Tank Man" last month, I think. He still remains a mystery.

Eaten is about this cannibal and some dude that let the cannibal eat him. No joke.
This thread is fucking stupid by the way.

Next in Line is based on the movie "Jacob's Ladder"....
As for The Lotus Eaters:
"In Greek mythology, the Lotophagi ("lotus-eaters") were a race of people from an island near Northern Africa dominated by lotus plants. The lotus fruits and flowers were the primary foodstuff of the island and were narcotic, causing the people to sleep in peaceful apathy. etc etc.

In modern usage, people who frequently daydream or think of impractical ideas can be called "lotus-eaters"." (Wikipedia)

I think the song reflects the subject's current state of mind during that part of DNB...yea...Eating the lotus was thought to bring dark dreams, too..