The official "Hey I know what that song is about" thread.

The song a diamond for disease by arsis is about marriage or its use as like a symbol or something. yeah i know its not about nevermore but that song is awesome.

Black Tears said:
I meant this to be for other Nevermore songs.

Okay. I just figured out a song, actually...

The Heart Collector is about Victor, who was named The Wild Boy of Aveyron, was discovered in the French countryside in 1800. Aveyron is in the South of France, and the villagers captured a boy of about 11 or 12 who had been running wild and naked, even though it was winter. His body was marked with scars where he had fought with animals and been scratched due to his nakedness. Although the villagers tried to speak with Victor, he didn’t seem to pay attention to what was said, and so it was apparent he didn’t know any language. At first people thought he was deaf and mute. All he was interested in was trying to escape.

The story of Victor’s capture spread quickly and he was taken to Paris to be studied. At that time there was an idea that the natural human being was superior to the civilised person. This was called the idea of the ‘Noble Savage’. However, to the inhabitants of Paris, Victor showed no signs of nobility. He was described as, “a disgusting, slovenly boy, affected with spasmodic ... convulsive motions... biting and scratching those who contradicted him, expressing no kind of affection for those who attended upon him”. He was therefore thought to be an idiot and was imprisoned in a home for deaf-mutes. Fortunately a young doctor named Jean-Marc Itard looked after him and tried to educate the ‘wild boy’. It was Dr. Itard who gave him the name Victor.

At first Victor learned quickly. Dr. Itard realised, from watching Victor, that he was not deaf, mute or stupid. He was a normal healthy boy, except that he had never been taught how to do all the things most of us take for granted, like sitting in a chair, using the toilet, meeting people without biting them. Within a few months Victor could sit in a chair, express his emotions without being violent, and he could even speak a few words, like ‘milk’, and ‘Oh God’, which was something Dr. Itard’s housekeeper, Mme. Guerin, often said. Victor also came to like Mme. Guerin, who fed and cared for him.

Victor’s learning slowed down after a few months to the point where he never learnt any more words. In his years with whatever animals had raised him, Victor had missed some vital stage of mental growth that would have opened to him the ability to learn continuously and easily. He never regained that loss. Like Djuma the wolf boy, he had missed the years when language and relationship with other people ‘taught’ him to recognise his own identity, and gave him the program enabling him to learn and even initiate new ideas and discoveries. Instead of imitating other human beings, he had learnt to imitate his animal parents. His imitation was too complete.

Victor stayed living in Paris with Mme. Guerin until the age of 40, when he died.

You see, he ate hearts when he was a wolf boy and he was never able to become a human. :kickass: :kickass:

I think river dragon is about the original 70's flooding, the building of "the three", and the level of trust the people are putting in "the three".

I'm tempted to go with the three gorges also. I've actually spoke to a collegue of mine in Archaeology who told me this a while back, he remains mightily pissed about the whole situation.

But yeah, Eric has it right insomuch as lyrical interpretation can be right :)

I thought god money wasn't exactly about organized religion as a whole, but only those televangelist like Jim Bakker and his wife, the very very ugly, Tami Faye, who enjoy begging viewers for money for salvation... only to spend it on houses and cars.

All one in the same. Send your money to God, you actually CAN buy salvation!

churchsign257yc.jpg

yes, it's the Three Gorges. There's even a book about the three gorges dam entitled "the river dragon has come"

It's also in the news again this week because they just completed another phase of it, or unveiled another completed portion, something like that...