The Official: I Saw Swordlord Thread

Although I didn't talk to him I did see him. He was very cool about a little incident I had. I opened up a sprite bottle and accidentally sprayed about 6+ people with the sticky liquid. He was cool enough to let it slide. Yes it was an accident, but other people could have been asses about it. I apologized out loud then and I do so now. Keep it metal Xo

Wow, I really appreciate all of these messages! It all just reinforces my opinion that this festival is more than just another festival, it's like being with one's metal family!

Okay, since PELLAZ has found me out, I will come clean publicly ...

YES, I did leave during After Forever. My reasons are stated below:

1. Like a dumbass, I slept until 1:36pm on Saturday, having partied a good majority of the night with my friends - Demon of the Woods & BlackRoseMetalHeart and Cellador/PM/Metal-Justin in their hotel room. Knowing that I had to get to the barrier on time, I flew out the door without eating anything which was incredibly stupid. By the time AFTER FOREVER came on, I knew I had to eat or I wasn't going to last the night!

2. My dear friend BlackRoseMetalHeart is a huge fan of AFTER FOREVER and being that I am going to be producing their Minnesota show coming up on 10/13, I knew I was going to be able to see the band again. So I let her have my spot on the barrier so she could enjoy them (she's much shorter than I am) without obstruction.

3. Having had a satisfying supper, I returned to the barrier for the All Star Jam. I appreciate everyone that allowed me to return up front during that set - thank you!!!

Among the people I wanted to meet this year, Nathan was most definitely one of the nicest ones. We met at the security lines checkpoint at the airport, what a class act the guy is!! See you next year buddy, stay in touch!!!

Milton,

It was really great to meet you and your friends, it's quite unfortunate that I didn't get a chance to hang out with you this year! We must remedy that next year. Thanks for your recommendations about Riverside, I will be checking them out so I'm all set for their set in 2008!

See you around cyberspace and in Atlanta in 2008!

Your friend,
Nathan

Among the people I wanted to meet this year, Nathan was most definitely one of the nicest ones. We met at the security lines checkpoint at the airport, what a class act the guy is!! See you next year buddy, stay in touch!!!

+1

And, he does a mean Immortal cover! I'm about to get to uploading that karaoke vid. :)

Of all the things I don't expect to see at PPUSA, Nathan doing an Immortal song while wearing a Firewind shirt is pretty high on that list. :lol:

And, he does a mean Immortal cover! I'm about to get to uploading that karaoke vid. :)

Of all the things I don't expect to see at PPUSA, Nathan doing an Immortal song while wearing a Firewind shirt is pretty high on that list. :lol:

HAH HAH! My master plan is working, mu-hah hah hah! :lol::zombie:

Although I am still power metal to the bone, I have developed an appreciation for black metal and it's vocal style over the years. IMMORTAL seems to be one black metal band that transcends genre-boundaries as I saw three IMMORTAL T-Shirts at this year's PP. Although I realize it's a cliche', Sons of Northern Darkness is my favorite song by this band. I actually performed this song with a local Minnesota black metal band that I put on my Dark Funeral bill this past January - I performed the song in corpse paint which really freaked the tour manager out!

I appreciate the kind words. Pellaz, it was so great to meet you and hang out with you this weekend. Wish you lived closer as our movie tastes as well as our musical tastes seem to match up point for point. Definitely looking forward to seeing you next year!

Your friend,
Nathan

I think the song "Metal Gods" should be dedicated to Nathan -- the guy is probably the most dedicated metal fan I've ever encountered and it was a pleasure getting to know him. A class act all the way! See you next year, man! And this time I am bringing better shoes!!! :headbang:

Thanks so much and I enjoyed hanging out with you also!

Better shoes ... :lol: ... I think I am getting ready to retire my boots ... I was so uncomfortable in them, I bought inserts halfway through the weekend but I'm still hurting! AUGH! o_O

Among the people I wanted to meet this year, Nathan was most definitely one of the nicest ones. ...what a class act the guy is!!

+1

I introduced myself to Nathan at the Jon Oliva show. I was determined to meet him because he had offered me some great advice over a year and a half ago as I was looking into local promotions. And all of the advice he offered has been well used over the past few months.

Thanks again Nathan! You truly are a class act. I look forward to working with Swordlord Productions as a kindred spirit in the years to come.

:headbang:

Stay True my friend!

Although I am still power metal to the bone, I have developed an appreciation for black metal and it's vocal style over the years.

Check out the band Keep of Kalessin... specifically, the disc Armada. It's very epic, without being over-the-top, the production is clean and not muddy, and the band is made up of phenomenal musicians. They're my favorite black metal band, and I think you'd like 'em too.

I spot the big guy every year :)

This year on Saturday I wound up behind and off to his right for THRESHOLD and we definitely got down a bit to the boys from the UK - ESPECIALLY during Pilot in the Sky of Dreams :lol::headbang::headbang::headbang:

(I couldn't really tell how our 'harmony' was...:p)

Also wanted to throw in - my buddy Kevin behind you was the one who mentioned the possibillity when we were all talking about Queen of Flor maybe doing her cover of 'Who Wants to Live Forever' during the All Star Jam

- when they started that tune, we were all the way on the OTHER side of the stage close to the rail but I was checking over in your direction to see your reaction when they started (classic!) and flash you the horns :heh:

C-ya next year bro!

+1

I introduced myself to Nathan at the Jon Oliva show. I was determined to meet him because he had offered me some great advice over a year and a half ago as I was looking into local promotions. And all of the advice he offered has been well used over the past few months.

Thanks again Nathan! You truly are a class act. I look forward to working with Swordlord Productions as a kindred spirit in the years to come.

:headbang:

Stay True my friend!

This is truly one of the best compliments of my life! Thank you!

I am very, very happy that you have found my advice useful. As a business owner, I have definitely made my share of mistakes and if I can help someone avoid the pitfalls I've encountered in the business, then it was completely worth it.

You have made quite a name for yourself and I hope that your shows continue to grow as well as your success. I also look forward to working with you in the future ... a network of small independent promoters is what's going to truly keep REAL metal alive and thriving here in the US of A! :headbang:

Your fellow promoter & friend,
Nathan

Check out the band Keep of Kalessin... specifically, the disc Armada. It's very epic, without being over-the-top, the production is clean and not muddy, and the band is made up of phenomenal musicians. They're my favorite black metal band, and I think you'd like 'em too.

Oh wow, thanks, will do! I have much to learn about the Black Metal genre ...

Nathan

This year on Saturday I wound up behind and off to his right for THRESHOLD and we definitely got down a bit to the boys from the UK - ESPECIALLY during Pilot in the Sky of Dreams :lol::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Oh wow, that was you, eh?! Sweeeet! :headbang:

Dude I really had a great time hanging out with you during that set! THRESHOLD just blew me away - I love that new album and bought their entire back catalog based on our conversations.

It's people like you that make the ProgPower experience extra cool. Thanks to you, I had someone to totally rock out with to my favorite song and you gave me some great pointers on what albums to buy.

Thanks again and I will definitely look forward to hanging out with you again next year!

Sorry I didn't see you during the Who Wants To Live Forever song but I was just in heaven when she started singing that -- I've been listening to that song since I was in junior friggin' high!!! :zombie:

(Also went nuts when she started singing "Alone" by HEART because I love that band too ... ah, the '80s! :lol:)

Nathan

I met SwordLord :lol:
He was very tall!!!!!!
ahuajajaja
And VERY nice.

I am really glad I finally got an opportunity to meet you although next time I want to actually hang out with you and talk about our love of RHAPSODY, the greatest dragon-riders in metal! WOOT!!!

Empress, I think you and I should sponsor RHAPSODY for ProgPower 10! How much money can we save up in two years? :lol::lol:

BEST SIGNATURE EVER -- Empress'

Unholy War:cry:

God, I still bust a gut when I think about that!

I am really glad I finally got an opportunity to meet you although next time I want to actually hang out with you and talk about our love of RHAPSODY, the greatest dragon-riders in metal! WOOT!!!

Empress, I think you and I should sponsor RHAPSODY for ProgPower 10! How much money can we save up in two years? :lol::lol:

BEST SIGNATURE EVER -- Empress'

Unholy War:cry:

God, I still bust a gut when I think about that!

LOL
I will put again. I can't believe you remember. And yes we will talk about the true warriors of fire and ice next time. And ourselves on their DVD, right? =) :p

However, not sure if we'll have even enough by PP 10. :lol: :headbang:

Wow, so I've become the official "Where's Waldo" of ProgPower, eh? :lol:
Haha! No, even better ... Where's Uncle Swordzy! Haha!
I also must attest to how awesome it was having my ass handed to me when I played him in Archon this weekend. Actually, I don't even think I got in a single victory during the fest. =(
It probably didn't help your case that Nathan was completely sober and you were pretty trashed all weekend. :lol: :kickass:
Nathan -- the guy is probably the most dedicated metal fan I've ever encountered
If you get a chance, check out the Easter Egg on the PP V DVD. Nathan is the "Fan of the Year" (for obvious reasons).
I'm not saying I'm more metal or anything, but my friend Scott and I were on the barricade the ENTIRE festival, and I do believe Nathan left before After Forever on Saturday. I'm not saying.. I'm just saying.... ;)
Yes, briefly ... and I am eternally grateful to Nathan for it!
YES, I did leave during After Forever. My reasons are stated below:

1. Like a dumbass, I slept until 1:36pm on Saturday, having partied a good majority of the night with my friends - Demon of the Woods & BlackRoseMetalHeart and Cellador/PM/Metal-Justin in their hotel room. Knowing that I had to get to the barrier on time, I flew out the door without eating anything which was incredibly stupid. By the time AFTER FOREVER came on, I knew I had to eat or I wasn't going to last the night!

2. My dear friend BlackRoseMetalHeart is a huge fan of AFTER FOREVER and being that I am going to be producing their Minnesota show coming up on 10/13, I knew I was going to be able to see the band again. So I let her have my spot on the barrier so she could enjoy them (she's much shorter than I am) without obstruction.

3. Having had a satisfying supper, I returned to the barrier for the All Star Jam. I appreciate everyone that allowed me to return up front during that set - thank you!!!
Haha! My evil plan to keep you up late on Friday night and steal your spot late on Saturday worked. Haha! Just kidding! Thank you again for lending me your spot and I'm so glad that you made it back in time to rock out at the All-Star Jam with me and Nick! :headbang:

LOL
I will put again. I can't believe you remember. And yes we will talk about the true warriors of fire and ice next time. And ourselves on their DVD, right? =) :p

Oh hell yes I remember and that was just inspired ... I almost stole it for my own signature! :lol:

Yeah, how funny is it that we appear on the same DVD!? That just makes me smile!:cool:

However, not sure if we'll have even enough by PP 10. :lol: :headbang:

Start saving your pennies and I'm going to start organizing the "Rhapsody for PP 10" campaign which we will co-chair ... it must happen ... it just must! :zombie:

BOBBIE & NICK (BRMH & DotW),

You are two of the most amazing people in the entire world and if it hadn't have been for ProgPower, I never would have met you both. I am proud and honored to call you my friends. I am so glad you two came up to the Casa de Sword for Labor Day weekend and I had a great time hanging out with you at PP this year.

Just wanted to publicly state how cool you both are and how much I value your friendship, truly.

Nathan
"Uncle Swordzy"