The official "Swordlord" kicks ass thread !!!!

Bryant said:
I think they are a little silly. I don't dislike them, but they push the cheddar factor a little over the limit for me. Then again, so does Edguy, but they were outfuckingstanding live. What is important is to like what you like and be proud of it, but also respect others and keep an open ear to all metal music. You never know what will "grab" you.

Even I will admit that I find it incredible that MANOWAR can continue to write songs where the words "Steel, Fire, Blood and Wind" are used in each one. However, their commitment to the music, the life and the fact that they have never compromised their sound or sold out despite 20 years of metal evolution is one of the many reasons why I am a fan of this band for life.

SwordLord said:
Dude, you have a standing invitation! A great time to drive up would be for the Sonata Arctica show that I'm producing on 1/31/2006. I know it's midweek but ... oh well, whaddya do?

Lots of cool stuff to see and do in Minneapolis. Keep in touch!

Uncle Swordzy

We are comming up for that show. Dont forget or dinner plans!!!

SwordLord said:
Even I will admit that I find it incredible that MANOWAR can continue to write songs where the words "Steel, Fire, Blood and Wind" are used in each one. However, their commitment to the music, the life and the fact that they have never compromised their sound or sold out despite 20 years of metal evolution is one of the many reasons why I am a fan of this band for life.

Though I am not crazy about them, that says a bunch. Black Sabbath was another one that really did that. I loved the original lineup as well as the Dio and Martin eras. Barring the "Masterpeace" Metal Church also has put out quality music since... forever.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Though I am not crazy about them, that says a bunch. Black Sabbath was another one that really did that. I loved the original lineup as well as the Dio and Martin eras. Barring the "Masterpeace" Metal Church also has put out quality music since... forever.

You and I seem to be on the same page here also. I am a huge METAL CHURCH fan ... especially that first album which I think I've listened to so much, it has laser rot now. :Spin:

I also enjoyed Dio with Black Sabbath ... I know some may laugh, but I think my favorite BS tune is "Mob Rules." I've been known to do that at Karaoke and open jams on occassion ... be afraid, be very afraid!

SwordLord said:
You and I seem to be on the same page here also. I am a huge METAL CHURCH fan ... especially that first album which I think I've listene!

I hope you are including the Howe era stuff as well. "Blessing in Disguise" still gets a spin from me now and again. Power metal at it's best !!

Bryant

Bryant said:
I hope you are including the Howe era stuff as well. "Blessing in Disguise" still gets a spin from me now and again. Power metal at it's best !!

Well of course, but there was just something so unbelievably thunderously metal about that first album. I know it's a cliche' to say that a band's first album is the best, especially when they go through a bunch of line-up changes, but that first album is really a piece of work.

Many many years ago on a distant shore...
Men did gather secretly ... behind a hidden door!

uggh, don't get me started! :headbang:

Hey Swordlord... did you go to Wacken in 2004? I just got the Armageddon Over Wacken DVD and coulda sworn I saw you there also... down in front of course ;)

longshot9 said:
Hey Swordlord... did you go to Wacken in 2004? I just got the Armageddon Over Wacken DVD and coulda sworn I saw you there also... down in front of course ;)

I WISH!!! No, unfortunately I did not go to Wacken, although I do have an invitation to stay at Michael Kammeyer's (Pyramaze guitarist) home in Denmark and we would have gone together -- so if I could have swung the airfare, I would have done it ... argh! o_O

My goal for next year is to go to a big European festival ... but either Manowar or Rhapsody have to headline it! :headbang: