The official movie thread

?!:)
I just saw it a couple of days ago, and must say.. I thought it was utterly crap! just random acts of acting with far to long shoting/chasing/fighting scenes.
Well, I have to say the action/fighting scenes are all very fast and hard to follow and also it's not a movie that really touches you emotionally, so yeah, I can understand your opinion somehow, but as a full-on action rollercoaster ride, it's pretty good ;)
I saw "Hours" yesterday.
Very intriguing and beautiful. Also the soundtrack was very touching.
You mean The Hours, with Nicole Kidman etc.?

I saw 28 weeks later yesterday, fucking creepy imo. It had some really gruesome nightmare scenarios.

The music added alot to the feeling of that movie. Especially the, what I believe was, the main theme.
Kinda postmetal-like music.

Well, I have to say the action/fighting scenes are all very fast and hard to follow and also it's not a movie that really touches you emotionally, so yeah, I can understand your opinion somehow, but as a full-on action rollercoaster ride, it's pretty good ;)You mean The Hours, with Nicole Kidman etc.?

Aye, that's the one

I just came home from watching The Bourne Ultimatum, very good, definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout.

saw the first one, The Bourne Identity, and had got some good recomendations from friends and the reviews i've read, but i must say that i was greatly dissapointed.... it's a mediocore movie at max... and a really boring and senseless plot......... is there any chance that i will like the sequel or the third one when i feel this way about the first?

I saw 28 weeks later yesterday, fucking creepy imo. It had some really gruesome nightmare scenarios.

The music added alot to the feeling of that movie. Especially the, what I believe was, the main theme.
Kinda postmetal-like music.

I watched both 28 weeks later and 28 days later and IMHO I think 28 days later way alot better since the whole package feel more rich in characters.

and yeah the some of the OST of 28 days later were made by Godspeed you black emperor but I am not sure if 28 weeks later's are made by them too but definitely sound somewhat similiar.

recently I have watched a Norwegian movie called Brysomme mannen, Den, which I think it's pretty cool.
it talks about a man who suicided because of the frustrated about life, love and work. and in his afterlife he went to a place(heaven?!) it look exactly the same to the place he used to live on earth but with all new faces. in this place, what you think of and that would be true, everything were your decisions. he will have the girls he want, he can have a job without stress and good pay rate, he could have a decent house he want. everything seems perfect to him and time after time he found out this lack of the art of life and he wanted to run away..

I think this is a pretty impressive story and in this movie was flawlessly executed. I highly recommend this one :)

here is the trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFp5vA7wuFY

I watched both 28 weeks later and 28 days later and IMHO I think 28 days later way alot better since the whole package feel more rich in characters.

and yeah the some of the OST of 28 days later were made by Godspeed you black emperor but I am not sure if 28 weeks later's are made by them too but definitely sound somewhat similiar.

28 days later had one GYBE song. Al the 28 Weeks Later songs were done by John Murphy, who did some of the songs for Days too. I LOVE both soundtracks

Ichi the Killer...CRAZY...has anybody seen this movie besides myself? 2001 movie by Takashi Miike. It is about the Japanese Yakuza, and it is brutal. Some of this other films are very unsettling as well (Audition, Gozu).

i watched this. It was very disarticulated, i didnt really like it
other than that i watched rob zombie's halloween
and well i guess it was ok, lots of unecessary nudity, couple good songs (don't fear the reaper :) ) and well mike mayers still indestructible.
haven't watched the original ones so i would know how it compares.

Why wouldn't we post our favorite movies here.another top 5 or 10 maybe.and in order if it's possible plz.so I'm gonna start...
1)Fight Club
2)Reservoir Dogs
3)The Prestige
4)Memento
5)American History X

Where can I find these soundtracks? No european sites that I've checked has them.
Should I just go with amazon?

Yeah I'd probably go with Amazon. I don't do much ordering online so I don't know many sites. But definitely get a hold of them, they're soo good!

John Murphy also did the soundtrack (with Underworld) to Sunshine, and I'm waiting eagerly for it to be released.

I watched See No Evil and Them yesterday.
See No Evil was okay, not brilliant, but alright.
Them (french movie, don't know if you all know it) was pretty awesome, very atmospheric and simple. The noises fuckin freaked me out...

Later i'm gonna watch Beavis & Butthead: Volume 2 and, maybe, The Devil's Rejects.

Can't believe I missed all the talk of 28 weeks later! 28 Days was definitely better, acting and character-wise (er, yeah, and I've got a huge thing for Megan Burns ... especially now that she's grown up, dyed her hair black and started a goth-pop band). 28 Weeks was much more tense though (lockdown and code red! Holy crap! :kickass: and the helicopter scene! Am desparately waiting for its release on DVD. Will watch the shit out of it on October 10th!!)

The soundtracks for both are currently my two top played albums.

Vincent: You know, I tried desparately to sit through Hostel in its entireity, but just couldn't make it in one go. Thought it was one of the worst films I've ever seen. Bored the hell out of me. The eyeball scene may have earned it a few points, but there's no way in hell it could top the scene in Zombie Flesh Eaters!