The official movie thread

^^definitely! one of the greatest movies i've ever seen.Jack Nicholson's performance is excellent as always..

any fan of Italian horrors here?

just saw Lucio Fulci's Zombie (aka Zombie Flesh Eaters).

a great watch.

I love that movie.

I just got done watching the Hills have Eyes 2. Not sure if I liked it or not. Anyone else seen this?

I just watched Pan's Labyrinth last week for the first time. I'm not sure if I loved it or just thought it was ok...

TWIN PEAKS - ULTIMATE DVD EDITION 10.30.07

CBS and Paramount have just officially announced the DVD release of the Twin Peaks: Definitive Gold Box Edition.
The 10-disc set will street on 10/30 (SRP $108.99).
It will include…..
• both versions of the pilot episode (including the international version)
• all 29 episodes from seasons 1 & 2
• Log Lady introductions for each episode
• never-before-seen deleted scenes
• production documents
• the 4-part Secrets from Another Place: Creating Twin Peaks documentary (includes Northwest Passage: Creating the Pilot, Freshly Squeezed: Creating Season 1, Where We’re From: Creating the Music and Into the Night: Creating Season 2
• the A Slice of Lynch retrospective roundtable discussion video
• the Return to Twin Peaks featurette
• 13 TV spots
• 3 image galleries (The Richard Beymer Gallery, Unit Photography and Twin Peaks Trading Cards)
• 3 Georgia Coffee commercial
• Julee Cruise's Falling music video
• 8 interactive maps and Kyle MacLachlan's monologue and Twin Peaks sketch from Saturday Night Live
• The episodes have all been remastered from the original negatives (a process personally supervised by Lynch) and will be presented in the original full frame aspect ratio with audio in both newly-mixed Dolby Digital 5.1 and the original 2.0.

sowwy for not keeping my promise. i still feel guilt about it. :erk:

i have just finished watching Inland Empire.

BlueSky, you'll love it.

the rest of you guys: if you're not a Lynch fan i'm not sure if you'd like it.

i can't say its Lynch's best cos i've only seen it once.

it is shattered in places, but i think Lynch has reached most things in a single movie, there's some bits and pieces of ideas from each of his past movies even.

go see it. it is powerful, subtle, scary, mysterious, yet beautiful experience.

How would you say it stacks up against molholland or lost highway? Or is it more in the vein of his later early to mid work? Basically Is there more or less realism? Without giving anything away.

I've watched this past summer:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (I have a thing for HP films).
Live Free or Die Hard
The Bourne Ultimatum
The Simpson's Movie

All were great movies.

Ichi the Killer...CRAZY...has anybody seen this movie besides myself? 2001 movie by Takashi Miike. It is about the Japanese Yakuza, and it is brutal. Some of this other films are very unsettling as well (Audition, Gozu).

How would you say it stacks up against mulholland or lost highway? Or is it more in the vein of his later early to mid work? Basically Is there more or less realism? Without giving anything away.

i would say it sums up all his movies in a way. it has some elements from all of them.

is there more or less realism? well, i would say less than mullholland even, because the insanity parts begin earlier, but they are shot very realistic.

watched it again the other day. it messed my brain again, but the more i watch it, i enjoy it more.

there is a story running through the movie, but there is much space for many different interpretations i'd say.

David Lynch has definitely reached a lot of things with this movie, and maybe the most in his filming career so far in one single movie.

go see it.