The official movie thread

Does anybody here know the movie Desmundo?
It´s a Brazilian movie,placed in early colonial times, they speak old Brazilian throughout the movie. It´s about a young girl getting married of to a old and rude plantation owner.
I was so impressed by this film..

I saw an Icelandic film called Hafið recently, really amusing & entertaining. It's about the disturbed relationships of an Icelandic family, or as IMDB says:

"Wealthy, aging patriarch Thordur assembles his scattered heirs to discuss the future of the family fishery. But bringing everyone together unleashes a storm of long-repressed sexual abuse, lingering suspicions, sibling rivalries and incestuous passions. Ultimately, it's a heartless battle between the past and the future that culminates in a night of explosive rage."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332381/

This reminds me a lot of the danish movie "Festen"

Copy paste a few imdb comments:
It´s Helge's Klingenfeldt-Hansens 60th birthday party and his family, which is a big one of the kind, gathers to celebrate him on a castle.Everybody laughs, except for the father.For he knows that the oldest son is about to reveal the secret of why the oldest sister killed herself.

Oh and what about the series "Carnivàle" anyone familiar with it??
It´s so awesome.. one of the greatest dark series made in these days I think, too bad HBO canceled it after two seasons , I think mainstream public can´t handle it..

I went to see Transformers yesterday, thought it was great! :)

:) o i went to watch it too yesterday, messed things up with the m&ms because i was eating like an animal, half of the food was on the floor.

The movie was kind of predictable with cheesy humor, i got kind of bored in the middle. Maybe i wasn't in the right mood. But the graphics and sound fx were outstanding, overall a great production. I guess it's a solid 3/5

The action was halfed assed. It's called transformers you're supposed to be able to see transformers fighting. But no, everytime two transformers were fighting the camera was right infront, and they made it all cut scenes. I'd rather have no action at all than a jumbled mess of a cut scene. You could see a transfomers foot, and then one would fly in the air. Thats what the fighting looked like. Totally lame.

The action was halfed assed. It's called transformers you're supposed to be able to see transformers fighting. But no, everytime two transformers were fighting the camera was right infront, and they made it all cut scenes. I'd rather have no action at all than a jumbled mess of a cut scene. You could see a transfomers foot, and then one would fly in the air. Thats what the fighting looked like. Totally lame.

i was thinking the same thing too. I couldn't realize what was going on during the fights. It was happening so fast that everything was bluring.

LF0051.jpg

LF0052.jpg

i watched turistas last night. It was raw and violent, it had a good contrast - at first there was fun and brazilian girls, and a naked scene and then there was hunting blood, some guts and screams. And don't forget a bittersweet happy end (yeah the bad guy dies). I could have enjoyed it better if there were friends around.

I watched Hotel Rwanda yesterday, very impressive, reminds you of how unbelievable it is that such atrocities (almost a million people were butchered in a mere 3 months...) went so relatively unnoticed in the western world..

I watched the first two parts of the trilogy "Infernal Affairs" yesterday and the day before yesterday.
It has made a huge impression on me so far. I'm longing for pt.3.

Okay, now I've seen them all

I haven't seen a story this nice many times before.
It really dragged me along and it was very intense, sad and fascinating.
Extremely nice characters and everyone had style.
Unlike "the departed" (which is a "cover" of IA; they took the whole story of IA, bought some expensive popular actors to do the job and then watched themselves get a bit more rich), which completely lacks sophistication and style and intelect.

At last I've seen 1408, and it's really really good!!! Highly recommendable. The first Stephen King book which has been transcibed well to movie for years in my opinion.

i've also just seen Ghosts of Cité Soleil. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479046/ and I must say that I was greatly dissappointed. It's a documentary which claims to get underneath the surface of some gang-leaders in Haiti, but it fails in every aspect! So much potential and so little outcome. A complete let-down! I highly recommend everybody to avoid this movie :puke: