The Official Movie Thread

I didn't. And I'm an avid movie buff. For me, Movies > Music. And that's saying a lot. 300 was just over hyped. I mean, I knew the sotry was a gonna suck, eventhough it had potential I just had a feeling it would suck shit, and I was right. But the actionw as what I put my faith in... but the fight scenes weren't even all that spectacular.

ZOMG LIMBS BEING SEVERED!!1!!1 Like, seriously. :Smug: GAAAAY!

Well, it's your opinion. For me, I find it was true to the comic, it has the same tone colors and gory details. And your right about the story thing, but I didn't see 300 for the story(otherwise I would be very disapointed:lol: ) but for the historical facts behind it and the fight scenes( which i find nice). Btw, there was music in 300? I forgot about that:lol:

In the Battle of Thermopylae of 480 BC, an alliance of Greek city-states fought the invading Persian Empire at the pass of Thermopylae in central Greece. Vastly outnumbered, the Greeks held back the Persians for three days in one of history's most famous last stands. A small force led by King Leonidas of Sparta blocked the only road through which the massive army of Xerxes I could pass. After three days of battle, a local resident named Ephialtes betrayed the Greeks by revealing a mountain path that led behind the Greek lines. Dismissing the rest of the army, King Leonidas stayed behind with 300 Spartans and 700 Thespian volunteers. The Persians succeeded in taking the pass but sustained heavy losses, extremely disproportionate to those of the Greeks.

Good history doesn't always mean good movies.

Good history doesn't always mean good movies.

With wikipedia, knowledge is now at everyone reach:lol: ! But seriously, that would have been any other historical fact about greeks history( that's my favorite sobject, btw) and I would have seen it. Like Gladiator, the story isn't very nice, but the movie is historically very nice( to a certain extend). Anyway, everyone has his own opinion, so let's stop arguing about how good or not the movie is:) .

Man, I was SO excited when I heard above a new TMNT movie... then I realized it wasn't gonna be live action... which means it sucks balls... then I just lost all interest. For fuck's sakes... WHYY!?!?! That was the gayest thing ever. It disappointed me more than when I realized Charlie and the Chocolate factory was gonna be a cunt-tastic remake instead of a sequel to Willy Wonka. The fuck? NOTHING CAN TOP GENE WILDER/THE ORIGINAL MOVIE! NO-FUCKIN-THING! God some people shouldn't get to make movies!

I whole-heartedly agree!
dude, don't change my words :lol:

i found it interesting and more "historical" than other superproductions with famous names, like:

Troy:

Absence of gods.

Achilles never entered Troy. He was murdered before.

Hector DOES NOT kill Menelaus.

Brad Pitt CANNOT be Achilles

Alexander:

Alexander and his troops defeated the Persian army in a single battle although historical facts show that Alexander had to fight several fierce battles against a large Persian Army.

Colin Farrell CANNOT be Alexander (blue eyes and blonde hair, wtf??)

^I would never waste any money over that movie...

But that's just me:rolleyes: