Frightening Movies

Corny

Apr 23, 2003
Germany - Cologne
Visit site
I searched, there are some threads about horror movies. But a cool horror movie can be cool without frightening the audience. Plus, there are Psycho-Movies which are pretty intense.

So this thread is about movies that really scare the shit out of you!!! Movies, after which you don't want to go through the dark corridor to the toilet. Movies after which you beg to fall asleep quick because you want to get away from the darkness.

And all the mega-tough people pretending they would never get scared: Please stay out of this thread.

My favourite frightening movie of the last years was the japanese version of the grudge, especially because of the extreme use of eyes as a fucking haunting element. I just hated this little boy and his damn eyes.

I know the first "Saw" movie in the series freaked me out when I watched a few years back (when it came out).
The Grudge scared me as well.

The four Saw movies are awesome, even though they're not actually that scary, i'm more scared by the writer, some of the traps in the last movie were intense :lol:

I searched, there are some threads about horror movies. But a cool horror movie can be cool without frightening the audience. Plus, there are Psycho-Movies which are pretty intense.

So this thread is about movies that really scare the shit out of you!!! Movies, after which you don't want to go through the dark corridor to the toilet. Movies after which you beg to fall asleep quick because you want to get away from the darkness.

And all the mega-tough people pretending they would never get scared: Please stay out of this thread.

My favourite frightening movie of the last years was the japanese version of the grudge, especially because of the extreme use of eyes as a fucking haunting element. I just hated this little boy and his damn eyes.

never saw the japanese version, is it really that much different from the american/english version?

i dunno, i'm not a huge fan of horror movies but i saw 30 days of night the other week. was actually pretty horrible :lol:. didn't even know the main char's name by the time he (of course) died :p

:lol: I've only seen the first and second ones :p. Movie theaters here won't let people under 16 get it, and by the time I'm 16, It'll be gone :p. (I'm too lazy to torrent)

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a GENUINE horror film. Just the thought of psychopaths who are really out there is a frightening concept.

The "scary" movies now days are just filled with blood and gore, which seriously isn't scary. I wish some real scary movies would come out :(

I was scared to watch any of the Saw films because of how much everyone ranted about how gory they were and so freaky or scary or whatever.

I watched the first one and laughed at how crap it was. Well, not crap, just very disappointing. When the guy's cutting his foot off, you only see the blade go into his flesh for like literally 1 second and then that's it. It then shows you the other guy squeaming like a little bitch.

The second one was a bit better 'cause of the needle pit. That shit actually made me cringe but it still wasn't scary or anything.

I didn't really think Saw 3 was that bad either. I just think it's really clever how Jigsaw used all these different people that ended up coming face to face with each other because they were all forced to play the game.

I haven't seen Saw 4.

The only movie to ever truly scare the bejezus out of me was Pet Semetery because of the scenes with the mother's disease ridden sister.

Also I was really jumpy during The Grudge because my friend practically kept jumping into my lap during every scary part.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a GENUINE horror film. Just the thought of psychopaths who are really out there is a frightening concept.

The "scary" movies now days are just filled with blood and gore, which seriously isn't scary. I wish some real scary movies would come out :(

QFT

The only movie to ever truly scare the bejezus out of me was Pet Semetery because of the scenes with the mother's disease ridden sister.

Also I was really jumpy during The Grudge because my friend practically kept jumping into my lap during every scary part.

QFT

Haha Zelda! That scene is pretty fuckin creepy. My one friend refuses to watch it to this day because she first saw it when she was really young

wickerman (original) was really weird. but good
. the remake was lame -.-
hmm i cant really think about movies that actually really freaked me out..
there have been a few though

By far the scariest movie of all time (the only one that got me truly scared) was this movie! :kickass:

Tim Curry just scared the shit out of me.:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like a proper horror film, with tension and shocks as opposed to gratuitous gore.
The scariest new film I've seen was 1408, which I loved. It got me so many times it wasn't even funny.

The original Halloween also, and the first Friday the 13th.
The Grudge, and The Ring, both originals and remakes are pretty creepy, as is the Shining.

28 Days Later is great also.

I too also hate/love Zelda in Pet Semetary. It's kind of you don't want to look but have to.

I know the first "Saw" movie in the series freaked me out when I watched a few years back (when it came out).
Yeah me too, but it didn't haunt me after the movie because jigsaw rarely did bad things by himself.

Just the thought of psychopaths who are really out there is a frightening concept.
I had a phase in which I read much about Dahmer, Fish, Bundy...that was more scary than every movie because it actually happened.
+10... Hostel for example.

I watched the first one and laughed at how crap it was. Well, not crap, just very disappointing. When the guy's cutting his foot off, you only see the blade go into his flesh for like literally 1 second and then that's it.
I think the details they don't show are more important than bloody scenes. (At least when I'm not in a splatter mood)

The second one was a bit better 'cause of the needle pit.
:lol:

2Girls!Cup.. >>;;..

... Fucking terrifying.
haha, yes.

Would Audition be worth watching?

The Grudge made me laugh. Dunno, don't really watch scary/horror movies.

I actually wasted my money on that movie a couple of years back. That movie is just so cliche and SHIT hollywood crap movie! I hate it...its more ridicolous in ways of bad making than scary(Not at all scary)

Nah horror movies dont frighten me...i hope they did though! Maybe they dont because ive watched horror movies from a young age and thought they were cool :lol: So i got used to em. Korean/Japanese Horror movies are 10 times more interesting than American though. The best american horror movies ive seen is probably The Ring 1(The 2nd one sucked terribly) and Amityville horror was not so bad either. I always watch comedy or horror movies.