The Official Novembers Doom NP Thread!

chupe666 said:
i just listened to autopsy's Mental Funeral the other day and wondered why i didn't get more into them back when. how's Deathmask in comparison?

Urm deathmask is the first track from their 'Shitfun' album. Its an ok album, although prefer the first 2 albums mental funeral and severed survival. I like the way they mixed in doomy riffs with their death metal.

np

Pocupine tree - Radioactive Toy

Early Autopsy was a big influence on me back in the early '90s. Autopsy and Winter were the bands that made me want to start playing "death/doom" music, along with more traditional doom acts like Trouble and Candlemass. Now I want to go pull out "Severed Survival"! Haven't listened to that in years....

and just for laughs, while I'm thinking of listening to Autopsy, I'm actually listening to Echo And The Bunnymen, lol.

ha ha ha!
king diamond has always been my big sorce of inspiration. along with candlemass, morgoth, grave, darkthrone(soulside journey), death and obituary. but mdb and anathema did it as far as combining death/doom for me, that and Mozart, vivaldi, and all that stuff.