The Official Royal Carnage MARDUK thread

phyre said:
This would be rather cool if the other cat's name was Tiamat.

Yeah... but no. My other two cats are named after wrongly executed Texas death row inmate Gary Graham. His African name was Shaka Sankova. The adopted cats are brother and sister. The boy is Shaka and the girl is Sankova.

We got them a week after he was killed.

But that's my story...

I quite like Marduk, Panzer Division is great if you ask me... Besides that I've got only Fuck Me Jesus, Those of the Unlight and a Hearse pic7".
La Grande Danse Macabre was horrible (or at least bad, boring and so on), though, and that's kept me from getting World Funeral even though I've got that Hearse pic7" with a fucking great Possessed-cover on the B-side.

Sorath said:
I quite like Marduk, Panzer Division is great if you ask me... Besides that I've got only Fuck Me Jesus, Those of the Unlight and a Hearse pic7".
La Grande Danse Macabre was horrible (or at least bad, boring and so on), though, and that's kept me from getting World Funeral even though I've got that Hearse pic7" with a fucking great Possessed-cover on the B-side.

World Funeral is their best since Nightwing. I liiked La Grande.. though. Other than that, I have everything except Fuck Me Jesus. Just haven't gotten around to picking it up.

Papa Josh said:
Other than that, I have everything except Fuck Me Jesus. Just haven't gotten around to picking it up.
Yeah, yeah, save it for the judge. You're just scared of waking God's wrath in having lightning struck down on your genitalia the second you buy it. :loco:

marduk are one of my favourite bands, i've herad all their releases and the only ones i don't like are opus nocturne (two good songs on that one, the rest i repetive crap, and the vocalist is sucky as well), those of the unlight (same as above but but lacking any good songs). the rest is really good and i can't see why people seem to dislike la grande that much, it's varied and it has a lot of good songs and lyrics. the main riff of the title track is absolutely killer imo.

This thread has been dormant since December of 2003.

Time to resurrect, especially with all of the fucking lineup changes going on. Morgan must be running a tight ship over there or something....

Man, after the brilliant World Funeral, I am going to be fucking bummed out if the next one sucks ass...

bump.