The Official Royal Carnage MARDUK thread

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
I just felt fucking compelled to dedicate a thread to the mighty swedish black metal warriors. I have 'em all and there's just something about them. I'm not sure how many of my fellow staff are among the admirers. World Funeral is very impressive, new drummer great. It's hard for me to pick a favorite as I like them all for different reasons... Any thoughts?

I've had "Opus Nocturne" sitting in my 'to play' box for a while. I'll listen to it in the morning on my way into work and let you know....!

Marduk...
Their first four albums (Dark Endless, Those Of The Unlight, Opus Nocturne, Heaven Shall Burn...) were good/ok. The rest is pretty much shit.

Lutz said:
Well, I just think they are dull and repeating themselves. That's no good combination ;)

This goes back to the argument used against Bolt Thrower, Asphyx, etc...

What in the hell else should they be doing but repeating killer cd after killer cd??

I know what to expect with MARDUK, and that ain't no techno album hiding behind the guise of "futuristic space age astral modern black metal" or some other bullshit label.

:hotjump:

Papa Josh said:

What in the hell else should they be doing but repeating killer cd after killer cd??

I know what to expect with MARDUK, and that ain't no techno album hiding behind the guise of "futuristic space age astral modern black metal" or some other bullshit label.

Agreed.

There are certain bands out there that I love the fact that I know what to expect from them with each album, and they don't fail to deliver. It's comforting.

Oh yeah, World Funeral is a great album. Marduk rules.

Can't say I've heard much from them. I've always heard when it came to black metal they were sub-par. Not the best, definately the worst, just in between. Humm... perhaps you can reccomend some abulms that will grab my attention, Josh? I'm open to any kind of suggestion.

Nightmarez said:
Can't say I've heard much from them. I've always heard when it came to black metal they were sub-par. Not the best, definately the worst, just in between. Humm... perhaps you can reccomend some abulms that will grab my attention, Josh? I'm open to any kind of suggestion.

Go read my review of World Funeral on the site.

Take it as the gospel.

Papa Josh said:

:hotjump:
Well, yes you are right.
I just do not like Marduk, if I liked them maybe it would been another story. Then I might have liked them repeating themselves, as I do with a few bands.. Well you get the idea.

Lutz said:
Well, yes you are right.
I just do not like Marduk, if I liked them maybe it would been another story. Then I might have liked them repeating themselves, as I do with a few bands.. Well you get the idea.

Then why even say that the first four albums are good ok, if you do not like them then say so. Pick your side and stick with it... Don't get scared.. :D

Papa Josh said:
Marduk kick ass, in fact, I named one of my cats Marduk!

Is your cat a passive smoker?
sasmokin.gif

Well I said i liked the older stuff somewhat, but not the newer. Just because I like those, it doesnt mean I like the newer stuff or the band in general ;)