The Official UM Confessional

I used to own Enemy of God but I sold it many months ago. I got Pleasure to Kill/Flag of Hate yesterday and listened to it in the car today. Astronomically superior to their latest material.

I just got Sodom's earliest stuff too, but I haven't listened yet.

Endless Pain is a good starting point. but its the only I have a physical copy of. I downloaded Pleasure To Kill and its fucking awesome.

Is oi the same as street punk?

no, street punk is a catch-all term for semi-crusty rock n roll punk bands, oi is well, a skinhead style of punk rock, mixing pub rock R&B (think The Who and The Faces, not Lionel Ritchie) with working class themes and chants of "oi, oi, oi!"

Why are so many people ashamed about not having heard bands that are borderline (at best) essential? It's so impossible to hear (own) everything that's highly esteemed and influential that it's not even worth getting upset over.

Agreed. They're extremely poppy sounding but something about them just does it for me.

I love the pop influence they have, it really sets them apart when you take into account how fucking br00tal they are otherwise...breakdown in Remembrance is one of the heaviest things I've heard.

no, street punk is a catch-all term for semi-crusty rock n roll punk bands, oi is well, a skinhead style of punk rock, mixing pub rock R&B (think The Who and The Faces, not Lionel Ritchie) with working class themes and chants of "oi, oi, oi!"

I thought street punk was that gay The Casualties gimmick crap. Basically shit that's on Punkcore Records that relies too much on image. Not sure if that's what you're talking about.