The official UM2004 stats

[0hr]Sunlapse

Wraith
Oct 1, 2002
Rumson, NJ
www.getyourasstomars.com
Everybody has to enable this stuff and check it out. servers that have stats enabled allow you to keep track of EVERYTHING, and see how well you do, etc....

as of typing this, I am the 113th highest ranked Onslaught player after playing a total of 29 Onslaught matches. Cool! you can also see all the games youve played, your ranking, kills, deaths, efficiency, game history, graphs, etc.... its amazing.

Int said:
Oh, only on stats enabled servers, of course.
Yeah I was pissed because I got a bunch of kills in one match but they didn't show up on my stats, then I noticed this. :bah:

haha! great link xeno!! man! those are baaaad stats for me! It's been logging all my recent activity where i've been joining servers (with stats on, unfortunately) and just messing around in boredom with my insanely awful latency atm (600+). I think Spidgie has some worm viruses that are clogging-up my bandwidth, because I haven't been able to play with a ping of less than 600 for at least 3 days now.

I'll be sure to avoid stats servers the next time i'm starting 2k4 without intention to actually play properly!! haha

:erk:

I need to invest in decent antivirus proggies.

I usually hop onto a non-stat server for about 30 seconds or so to see how my ping is doing, and if it's decent, i'll get myself onto a stat-rec server and increase my Flak and Rocket Launcher efficiencies. ;o) It's cool that the demo matches are recorded as well. Not that it'll really matter while i'm away and have no puter at all!

Steve said:
=UM=zodijackylite
To the roster thread with you!!! :p

Note - zodijackylite is one character too long to fit into UT2k4 with the tag. =( Sorry.

I can't stop looking at the stats! it's amazing, all the information for every deathmatch i've played in! so cool! I just went on a couple hour long killing spree to get my ratings back into decent territory, hehe. I love the Efficiency ratings, lol. The mark of a true killer. :heh:

*giggle*

I seem to play a lot better when I'm severely lacking sleep.

I should get to playing some Deathmatches. SculptedCold seems to be the best fighter in the clan. I can never dodge those shock combos. :(

Go into your settings and under the Player tab I think, one of them... it'll have a check box to enable stats, and just put in a username and password. It will do the rest, no need to "register", just enable it and put in the info.

Int said:
I should get to playing some Deathmatches. SculptedCold seems to be the best fighter in the clan. I can never dodge those shock combos. :(
:oops: :oops: :oops: That's a fact though; you will be better at whatever gametype you play. At least generally. I'm an ok teamplayer, but even in ONS my deathmatch skirmishing tendencies aren't very effective because of my bad FPS out in the open. meh.

People at the tourney boards have frequently noted that too much ONS play makes you a less effective deathmatch player....I think that goes without saying really. The open-ended and forewarned nature of most combat in ONS saps your reaction time and and snap-shooting skills after a while.

Admittedly though, I could do with playing some gametypes other than just deathmatch, hehe.

SunlapseVertigo said:
now its 132. the only way im gonna keep that is if i play for like 6 hours a day non-stop, which isn't gonna last long.
Yeah, unfortunately the rankings seem to be highly affected by quantity as well as quality. All the top players have a LOT of time logged playing. It'd be cooler if the ranks were measured more by effeciency, like Laser Squad Nemesis. In LSN, one person who's played 8 games against people ranked a lot higher, and had 8 wins, will be right at the top of the veteran league, whereas someone who's played 500 matches but lost about 490 as well could be stuck in middle ground. That makes sense really; your skills should put you at the top regardless of how much or little you play. In 2k4 rankings, it is conceivable that a decently skilled player (but not neccessarily awesome) could play all day and get to the top eventually through score, but that doesn't make much sense. =/

GreatPhoenix said:
HAY GUYS!!!

I've been wondering, you're all playing PC right?
yip. Xbox has Unreal championship and in development right now, Unreal championship 2......but UT2k4 on the PC is definately where it's at. :kickass:

SculptedCold said:
:oops: :oops: :oops: That's a fact though; you will be better at whatever gametype you play. At least generally. I'm an ok teamplayer, but even in ONS my deathmatch skirmishing tendencies aren't very effective because of my bad FPS out in the open. meh.

People at the tourney boards have frequently noted that too much ONS play makes you a less effective deathmatch player....I think that goes without saying really. The open-ended and forewarned nature of most combat in ONS saps your reaction time and and snap-shooting skills after a while.
You're right...but being good at Deathmatch is harder than being good at being a teamplayer. ;) *goes off and plays Deathmatches*