The official UM2004 stats

the real thrax said:
On server info it still says that they have stats enabled. But the icon just doesn't show.
If the icon isn't showing, the stats aren't being recorded by the servers.

I haven't had any updates since the 24th, and I haven't seen stats enabled since about the 22nd...

i miss the stats....:( teh poor stats.... they gave me a reason to play 5 hours a day and yell and bang my head against the wall and hyperventilate and nearly destroy my keyboard trying to stay high up on the stats

....hmm, maybe its a good thing they have been down.

lol, yeah, it's probably a good and bad thing. I have to agree with you though, having stats adds such a....realistic depth to the game, somehow..... They kinda make you want to excel and not just goof around. =)

It doesn't surprise me that Epic have decided to drop the load the stats take-up though; the amounts of data coming in must have been absolutely massive. Hopefully it won't be three months till they're back up again (as happened with 2k3). I'm curious as to whether all stat enabled games are having the stats scrapped by epic or if they're going to be uploaded later. I suspect the former, which is a shame.

Man i dont dare check my stats, it takes my POS PC 5 mins to load a map... i got a ooooolllddd computer...1.6ghz DELL PILE OF SHIT, when if i get a new one im honorably kicking the shit out of this one...

Well I don't see anything about it on the Epic forum or on the stats page. I think they're trying to work out a way to keep cheaters from running their own servers to boost their stats or something... Stats were a big part of UT2003, and I think it's a big part of UT2004, so I'm sure they'll be back sometime, just haven't heard anything about it...

Personally, I'm PISSED AS HELL that they aren't back up now. Having stats was the whole fun of it, tracking your progress, seeing your games played, and proving that you pwn!!! haha

Damn, I haven't played much since they went down either. I was playing quite a bit when they were up.

Its prolly better stats are down, mine are nothing extraordinary :p

For the sake of interest, I would like to see mine tho :)

I just emailed Atari and asked them about the stats so hopefully they can give us some info. I'll let you know if they reply.

'Response time is usually less than 4 business days (Mon-Fri)'