The on going mac vs. pc debate

You can use two displays (in mirror or dual mode)with the Macbook and MB Pro. Best bang for the buck audio-production wise is a Macbook with 2gigs of aftermarket RAM.

Is it possible to use two displays (add an extra display) with the Macbook (pro) laptop?

Oh, and Mac laptops: which rule and which are no-nos? What Mac offers the best efficiency for as little cash as possible? (lap or deskt)

Just wondering if I could manage with a Macbook instead of the Macbook Pro... Your thoughts?

you can manage with a macbook.
you have less options for expandibility;
But i track, and mix Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig sessions in pro tools le on it, which as we all know aint the most effecient of DAWS, and to this day i've never taken the cpu meter past 50 % .

I'm super comfortable with Microsoft since I've been using it for a decade now but use macs regularly when I work at a small photography studio and they still feel weird to me. I've owned two macbooks in the past as well.

I would keep going with the pc but I've had some issues in the past that I'd rather not happen in the future. For example, cubase sx3 in XP pro (legit) very few but random blue screens, thank god for autosave.

Now I'm in Vista and from my understanding even Cubase 4 has issues in Vista. I'm so comfortable in Cubase I really don't want to switch, I've tried reaper and wasn't feeling it. I feel like I'd have to build a computer with parts that have no known issues with Cubase even though my c2d isn't even 6 months old.

Now I'm ranting.

Who uses Cubase 4 on a mac?

:Smug:

I thought macs were PCs but better presented as they use intel PC processors instead of Motorola!!

Dont get cought up in the upgrade ethic as Macs were having the same problem as your having a couple of years ago.

Stay with XP until Vista SP2 is released.

If you decide to go for a MAC I would suggest having logic as it will be better supported due to it being apples own product.

If you decide to go for a MAC I would suggest having logic as it will be better supported due to it being apples own product.

Not quite, apparently TONS of Logic users are very disgruntled with the Logic support and bugginess ...

See: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/musi...hetic-we-have-wait-so-long-updates-logic.html

My friend Marc, who's been using Logic for 10 years has recently moved to ProTools HD due to the issues he has had with Logic and his high end setup as well as the crappy support.

This has never been my experience, cause I've been a Cubase user forever (and am quite happy), so I can only report what I see ...

Not quite, apparently TONS of Logic users are very disgruntled with the Logic support and bugginess ...

See: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/musi...hetic-we-have-wait-so-long-updates-logic.html

My friend Marc, who's been using Logic for 10 years has recently moved to ProTools HD due to the issues he has had with Logic and his high end setup as well as the crappy support.

This has never been my experience, cause I've been a Cubase user forever (and am quite happy), so I can only report what I see ...

What have apple done to Logic did they fire all the engineers that worked on the progam it used to be so good especially to use as a interface to use midi with Protools hardware !! :cry::cry:

Well I use Protools anyway on PC and I wont bother getting a Mac unless they have multi processor support.

I thought macs were PCs but better presented as they use intel PC processors instead of Motorola!

They used the PowerPC architecture, which was originally developed by Apple, IBM, and Motorola. Now they are Intel, as well, but there is also a much narrower list of supported hardware (which allows for simpler and better support) and they cost a pretty penny.

Oh, and one-button mice are failure incarnate.

Jeff

Don't know about the support, but as far as bugs, haven't encountered any yet. Runs smooooooth on my system.

BTW. Anyone who thinks macs still use one-button-mice needs to get his fact straight :p
(except on the laptops I believe, but then again ctrl-click)

I love my Macs, but Apple makes a shitty mouse, and has for years. All their attempts come across as gimmicky to me rather than something actually innovative or at least functionally useful.

I don't care about the single mouse button on the laptops, as I've always used an external mouse with mine anyway. Scroll wheel FTW.