The one song:

While glancing at your post I saw Engine and instantly "Falling Star" jumped into my head. Could that be the song to which you are referring? That is a song I never get tired of listening to. That's one of those song that I always listen to when I'm down. Usually, that's either right before, or right after Fates Warning "Another Perfect Day."

"Falling Star" is another one I can never get enough of (gmta! hehe). First time I heard that song it was on repeat for days and I can never just listen to it once. It's truly a stunning piece. "Perfect Star" is off of "Superholic", their 2nd albumd while FS is off their first, the self titled album. I've joked with Ray that I can't be held accountable for my actions while listening to that tune. ;) If you haven't heard it, let me know (and tell your lovely lady that we'll need to, umm, listen to it together next year). *cheshire cat grin*

Some songs I may play two or three times in a row..... did that with Demonsion by Brainstorm just a bit ago, but I think the last song that made me literally keep the repeat on was probably "Eyes Wide Open" by Sieges Even. I also remember not being able to stop listening to "Silently" over and over again by Vanden Plas. I must have played that one for a couple of hours. That song is brilliant.

Bryant

"Perfect Star" is off of "Superholic", their 2nd albumd while FS is off their first, the self titled album. I've joked with Ray that I can't be held accountable for my actions while listening to that tune. ;) If you haven't heard it, let me know (and tell your lovely lady that we'll need to, umm, listen to it together next year). *cheshire cat grin*

That would explain it. I've only listened to that album about 3 times, though I've listened to the first on thousands of times.

I have been listening to Possesion-the negative from Suspyre all damned day today non-stop, and haven't gotten to the rest of the cd to give those songs a second listen because this song is keeping me plenty entertained, until I get tired of it in a few days and move on to the next song on the cd, amazing cd that won't be leaving my player anytime soon.

I don't have a problem! YOU ALL HAVE THE PROBLEM! *curls up in a corner, eyeballs everyone. Twitches*

You couldn't get me to stop listening to Pathosray's "Scent of Snow" for awhile at one point. :D I have quite a few songs I adore.

ive previously shared your thing with clarion call, its been a few years though.

hmm pathosray's in salicis umbra was the latest one, and it seems that devin townsend - judgement (off synchestra) is becoming one.

also
pain of salvation - never learned to fly

Week before last, it was "The King's Command" by Nocturnal Rites.

Last week, it was "Crystal Ball" & "Suite Madam Blue" played back-to-back continuously on the way to work everyday. I was on a Styx kick.

This week, it's "Voodoo Child" .. I just discovered Hendrix (always thought he was overrated ... blah blah .. now, not so much), and I can't stop playing this.

My mood changes weekly. However, I do listen to "Sultans of Swing" at least once a day.

Down from the Sky from Trivium, and I know there are a lot of trivium haters everywhere, but I love this song, and so does my daughter who is about a year old. I put the video on and she goes absolutely nuts over it. I tried other videos from pop artists and everything, and she just walks away and pays no heed, but when I put on a metal video(trivium, slipknot, meshuggah, and so on), she loves it.

Plenty in the past.

Until recently it had been Excalion - "Wingman" from their Waterlines CD.

It was recently dethroned by Keldian - "Hyperion" from their Journey of Souls CD. Although, I'll admit I have the whole Journey of Souls on repeat and can't stop cranking it. What a glorious symphonic metal album.

Hard to call a favorite on there, and though I can't say Hyperion is superior to Lords of Polaris, God of War, Ghost Of Icarus, or all the other awesome tracks, somehow it's gotten entrenched and I'm cranking that one song over and over and over, lol.

Journey of Souls really made its way on the very, very short list of albums that I'd call "perfect". There's not a single bad track on it, IMHO.

Hyperion is wicked though..I love the spoken word part on a bridge at about 2:20 where they recite some of Keats poem Hyperion.

Currently:

Sabaton - Attero Dominatus, real kick-ass song
Tarot - Do you Wanna Live Forever, great song
Kamelot - Nights of Arabia, Scheherezade will never die
Nightwish - Bye, Bye, Beautiful, Incredible song

Down from the Sky from Trivium, and I know there are a lot of trivium haters everywhere, but I love this song, and so does my daughter who is about a year old. I put the video on and she goes absolutely nuts over it. I tried other videos from pop artists and everything, and she just walks away and pays no heed, but when I put on a metal video(trivium, slipknot, meshuggah, and so on), she loves it.

DUDE THIS WHOLE ALBUM IS KILLER!!!

Every song is awesome... This band just gets better and better!

This has so many styles whipped in to one album. It's even quite progressive, but most of all it just plain ROCKS!:headbang: It even has that 11+ epic title track epic at the end...

screw the haters, people get so jaded by some bands early releases and they don't follow them through their maturity. Trivium is a talented metal band and this new release is leaps and bounds above their first two and I can't get enough...:kickass: