The photography thread

just got back from my holiday in switzerland, have to look through all the photos (1,5k) and edit them, but
there are a few good ones and they had national day on the second of august, so I got to shoot loads of
fireworks.

feuerwerk1.jpg

not the best, but one of the first that got edited

feuerwerk2.jpg

just tried something with longer exposure time and zooming

affe.jpg

visited the zoo, too :D

i know! cash-strapped is why I can't think of one yet.. neither can I justify the price given my level yet...
And I love the sky in your first shot.. is it post-processed, or hdr?

Thanks, it's 3 shot HDR, handheld, processed fairly excessively in Ps haha. You won't regret finally making the jump, but it is really expensive as you say, and there's always another lens to buy...

...You won't regret finally making the jump, but it is really expensive as you say, and there's always another lens to buy...

It never stops with just one lens. There's always another you want. I've learned I have to put my "want" in check with reality. What do I want vs. how often am I really going to use it? I really WANT the Tokina 12-24mm that Joe has. A nice wide angle is the last lens I will need for some time (yeah...right lol). The wide angle will be perfect for beautiful landscapes that I love shooting. BUT...when I stop and think about it...how often are we actually traveling these days? And when we do travel, how much of a chance do I have to actually go somewhere where I can see/shoot those pretty landscapes that I want? Hmmmm. Damn. :lol:

But, I just picked up a used Canon 28-105mm from a friend. I've been wanting a good walk-around lens. Now I'm up to four lenses. :) (but nothing like the quality of Brian's)

berg.jpg

Unbenanntes_Panorama1.jpg

both shot from the same mountain last week

basel.jpg

nothing special, but I like it

coop.jpg

just thought that building looks pretty cool, especially because it's a supermarket :D

Pirate Bitch = Wife ...lol
I don't really like the editing of this shot. You're wife/girlfriend really stands out in the image but the black/darkness over the clouds makes the whole picture a bit distracting.

I don't know how the original looks, but i think it would look way nicer if it didnt have the "vignette" effect.