The photography thread

2mqkjz5.jpg

Photo I took with my iPhone and put through Instagram, kinda cool. I can post train stuff if there are requests?

went to a field in my area and took some pictures, too bad that it was too cloudy most of the time
so there wasn't a chance to get some nice widerange shots that look nice.
ostfildern1.jpg

ostfildern2.jpg

ostfildern3.jpg

ostfildern4.jpg

ostfildern5.jpg

it's like ezmix for photos...

exactly my thoughts, you might be able to get nice pics out of it, but it's something way different
but there are people using filter presets in photoshop, too all the time and always shoot on the auto
modus on there cam and call themself photographers-that's not that different imho ;)

Sure, if you want to get that style to your photos, no problem at all imho to use instagram, but it's
pretty overused atm-there are still some cool pics taken with instagram and I like your's TesticleMilkshake ;)

edit: And I really don't want to call my self a photographer, I am way too amateurish...

exactly my thoughts, you might be able to get nice pics out of it, but it's something way different
but there are people using filter presets in photoshop, too all the time and always shoot on the auto
modus on there cam and call themself photographers-that's not that different imho ;)

Sure, if you want to get that style to your photos, no problem at all imho to use instagram, but it's
pretty overused atm-there are still some cool pics taken with instagram and I like your's TesticleMilkshake ;)

edit: And I really don't want to call my self a photographer, I am way too amateurish...

I agree, but instagram is way more widespread because everyone owns a phone.

I think there is a strict difference between tapping your phone screen to take a photo then tapping it again to put a filter over it as opposed to someone who is taking a photo with a camera with manual adjustment and using actual photographic technique.. shutter speed, aperture, ISO, REAL depth of field (not that fake filter bullshit), choosing the proper lens for the shot, composition etc. I feel like instagram ruins the art of photography just as much as EZmix ruins mixing.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Dang. The look of those shots gives me a similar hard-on to analogue saturation/compression.
Indeed. I experience the same whenever you post a mix with those amazing crushing drumsounds. When used right, analog equipment can give such amazing results.

About Instagram, you can compare it with silicone tits. It can look nice, but it just feels different.

What did you use to scan the film? I still use an old SLR quite a bit but I just end up with a ton of negatives and I'm not really sure what the best way to scan them is.
The photostore where i go to can also scan my film when i bring them there to develop.

According to the EXIF data he uses an Noritsu Koki QSS-32_33.

156181_10150974251791081_385389547_n.jpg

Canon FD 20mm vs Pentax 110 18mm. The Pentax is dirt cheap & shockingly aweseome on a modern Micro 4/3... the only snag is that it has no aperature, so you've gotta have some ND filters kicking around.

The Canon FD 20mm: Again, just awesome on Micro 4/3. Slightly larger & heavier though!

427890_10150813045976081_1808554062_n.jpg

Shot with a vintage Pentax Super Takumar 300mm. Lately I've really gotten into the whole vintage Pentax thing & have a collection of primes ranging from 20mm to 300mm. When they say "they just don't build 'em like they used to" they're talking about Takumars. Butter-smooth focusing, all-metal construction, & built to last. My favorite one (50mm f1.4) is older that 40 years & still handles like it's brand new.

Haven't posted anything in a while. While my shots aren't as good as some others around here, here's a few new ones.

Haven't done a kaleidoscope in a while

7413751748_2cce086fa0_z.jpg

Coming back from a park, we saw a horse competition going on, so decided to drop in. Turned out to just be mainly young kids, but it was good practice for me...as I usually suck at action shots. :)

7361570510_9af2c9323b_c.jpg

7179963109_8f242be3cb_c.jpg

Tried my hand at panorama HDR (total of 18 shots)

7410196432_8e5c8b62b9_c.jpg

Decided to try my hand with the "out-of-bounds" effect

7413759414_f5f7f1511d_c.jpg

My Flickr photostream

@Grywolf: Nice action pics. Maybe a shallower DOF would benefit the photo, but that's probably a limitation of your lens. And cool "out-of-bound" effect.

I was looking at some of my old concert pictures that were taken with a simple point and shoot camera. I edited some and they came out pretty nice:

Thanks guys! I've been feeling like I'm in a photography "rut" lately...never happy with most of my pictures. I just have to keep shooting to work through it.
@Arvoitus: Nice shots, especially for a point and shoot. About my horse shots, you're right. It's the limitation of my 55-250 lens. I WISH I had a 2.8 lens! But I can't quite justify the expense. :)

Nice shots everyone!

Here are some of my recents. Trying, still, to get an illustrated look on them. Not quite sure about the pink background on the second one though.
All feedback is welcomed!

blackbureau-chris-illu-web.jpg

blackbureau-jocke-illu-web.jpg