The photography thread

just entered a 365 project, they're sending me a theme for a photo every day for one year, starting in 2 days,
really interested, 365 themes is alot :D not sure if I am able to get through it, but it's a nice challenge for me.

just entered a 365 project, they're sending me a theme for a photo every day for one year, starting in 2 days,
really interested, 365 themes is alot :D not sure if I am able to get through it, but it's a nice challenge for me.

Good luck I made it to 90 days

Hey dudes, first post in this thread :) Very much an amateur but I do enjoy taking the odd snap here and there. I woke up inexplicably early in Birmingham today so decided to wander around with my 50mm prime:

7669706550_5320caa0c7_c.jpg

7669698116_7264ee2124_c.jpg

7669703508_c3d4fd138b_c.jpg

7669704872_b2a6256d48_c.jpg

7671702564_6e688e5702_c.jpg

More here: Flickr: -Nolly-'s Photostream

I don't really know why I'm posting a photo in this thread, seein all the pro shots haha
But anyway, I'm interested in photography too, but I don't really take the time yet to explore it, so I only get to borrow my dads camera every once in a while.

So far every try of mine to jump out of the autofocus mode (which I guess is about the same as instagram/ezmix lol) ended in a disaster, but I liked that one pic I made of my bandmates new guitar the other day...considering that there was no real light, and for my poor standards at least ;)
The other ones all ended in the allready mentioned disaster :lol:

fgn.jpg

I don't really like the reflection on the bottom, but I think the perspective is ok, so I didn't cut it :rolleyes:

Awesome pics, dudes! After seeing yours, my pics seems not to be that spectacular anymore :D But I give it a try. I´m living at the edge of the Blackforest (Southwest Germany) and I enjoy making photos of the nature and rural environment these days. Hope you like it.

Got myself a new lens today (Canon 28mm f/1.8) so I've been snapping shots-a-plenty. Really liking it, I think I'm basically a prime lens guy at this point, zooms just give me too many things to think about :)

7710147290_3039f3f334_c.jpg

7709661578_990af62be2_c.jpg

First picture from Mars taken by Curiosity :

1044077.jpg

another one :

1042366_curiosity-mars.jpg

It has 4 cameras, one was designed to take picture during its entry so that they could identify specifically the landing site location, 2 are a couple of cameras on 2 masts that take pictures of visible color which have fixed lenses of 34mm f/8 and 100mm f/10 in 1200x1600 jpg or RAW in a 8Gb flash memory and videos 1280x720p @10i/s or 5i/s. Last one is supposed to take close pictures, it's probably the one that took the second picture in my post, and has an autofocus. They plan to take series of pictures of objects with different focuses to be able to recreate 3D images of those (by getting focused pictures of several parts of its surface and combining them).

Nice pics Nolly! Prime lenses are always nice. Been using my 50mm most of the time up until 1-2months ago when I purchased a 17-40mm L. Really nice on a crop body.
Here's a new one from me, trying some new stuff:

afts.jpg

And a portrait from a bandshoot I did during the weekend. Still got 4 members left to edit and a "band pic", which will be something I haven't done before.

og-web.jpg