The photography thread

Really into those shots Carlsman and NNotN-ENN!

I did my first proper portrait shoot with a good friend of mine earlier today, we took a lot of shots on several locations but this one is probably my favourite out of the bunch:

7762305494_4d0445ef7a_c.jpg

Really into those shots Carlsman and NNotN-ENN!

I did my first proper portrait shoot with a good friend of mine earlier today, we took a lot of shots on several locations but this one is probably my favourite out of the bunch:

7762305494_4d0445ef7a_c.jpg
I really like that kind of portrait stuff. I'm planning to do a shoot in the same conditions and i love the lighting in this shot, did you use an flash or reflector or something similar?

And how did you like your 28MM for portrait shots?

Just ordered a Canon EOS600D with a 18-55.

Will be my first DSLR.
Also ordered an adapter so I can use some FD lenses with the EOS, as my dad has an old Canon AT-1, but he has two great Tokina lenses, a 35-105 and a 300. I read that with the adapter you won't get all the quality that those lenses can deliver, also I'll have to use them on manual mode...but they are "free"...so...worth spending extra 49€ so I can use the tokina lenses.

Hope to start posting pics once I get the camera and start learning how to use it. I needed a DSLR, always love to take pics, but only have my fucking phone...so I just had to get one hahaha

I really like that kind of portrait stuff. I'm planning to do a shoot in the same conditions and i love the lighting in this shot, did you use an flash or reflector or something similar?

And how did you like your 28MM for portrait shots?

Hey man, sorry, totally missed this message before.
Thanks, it's with a reflector just to the right of me, which seemed to work fairly well.
The 28mm is wicked with a cropped-sensor for portrait shots, but you do get noticeable distortion on a full-frame which might not be ideal for photographing people with. Speaking of which, I recently bought a Canon 5D Mark III, which is a game-changer for me. Hefty investment but it's already brought me a lot of joy :)
I did a shoot of my good friend Dylan from Dæmoness Guitars' newest instruments with the 5D, I think the pics came out pretty decent:

2Y1A7989.jpg

2Y1A8009.jpg

2Y1A8041.jpg

2Y1A8092.jpg

2Y1A8147.jpg

2Y1A8180.jpg

2Y1A8153.jpg

I also have a Sigma 85mm f/1.4 on the way, which I'm looking forward to a lot!

Ridiculously nice shots Nolly, those guitars look absolutely stunning. I especially like the first two axes.

Nice work Nolly. You've got a good eye for composition and I find your post processing to be right on the mark too - poppy colours without being oversaturated etc.

Look forward to more..

Today I received the adapter to use FD mount lenses, so I tested the 300mm with a x2 multiplier.

And yesterday I went to a mountain near my town to test more stuff with the camera, even tried to do HDR!

This ones using the stock 18-55