The photography thread

Just got a new camera yesterday and took it out on a hike last night. Still trying to learn how to use it:
IMG_0016.jpg

was chillin out in a park the other day and had this opportune moment to photograph.A friend was laying down and I just quickly grabbed some cigarettes and through them into frame. Turned out like a substance abuse advertisement or something.

_MG_4892.jpg

do you get a lot of image noise with the camera? saw some pictures taken using an iphone 5 and they had noise on them, your shot appears to have some on it as well. how does it do in low-light conditions?

I took this literally my first day with the phone so I really haven't used it enough to comment. I have a real camera for low light conditions so I will probably never use it for that purpose. EXIF reveals the ISO on that image to be 320.. which is pretty damn noisy for such a low ISO, but it is a phone.

hahahah
The end was great!

Tried some portraits yesterday with a friend:

What aperture did you use? It looks a bit weird on her forehead/hair, it seems like it is out of focus. Do you find it difficult to get the focus right?
My analog camera has a splitscreen which makes it fairly easy to manually focus ... manually focusing on my DSLR is a real pain in the ass.

And here is some standard typical light painting i just tried:

What aperture did you use? It looks a bit weird on her forehead/hair, it seems like it is out of focus. Do you find it difficult to get the focus right?
My analog camera has a splitscreen which makes it fairly easy to manually focus ... manually focusing on my DSLR is a real pain in the ass.

Yes, it's pretty difficult to get the focus right with the analog lenses on the DSLR.
I think that pic was at f2.8.

With a tripod and more time to spend it's really easier to get the focus right...but still a pain in the ass haha

Been on this forum for years, short story is studio was becoming more and more stressful, the pure lack of ability and fixing needed was uninspiring at best. Plus 16 hour day and no money = fuck that.

Just my story, other people are successful and great for them! :)

Anyways 5 months ago picked up a DSLR and havent looked back :hotjump:

Let me know if you want me to post some more

tumblr_mbkyuse2pK1ru0uzpo1_1280.jpg

8069913985_3a55447095_b.jpg
[/url] Untitled by AndyHayball, on Flickr[/IMG]