The photography thread

It's definitely a great way to pass time. I used to be fairly active on this forum a couple of years ago and was sort of the recording engineer for my own band, but I really only wanted to learn how to be a better mixer or whatever, because I wanted to make my own demos sound good. I was never really that good, but I picked up plety of awesome advice.

I've since finished my degree and moved out to the country because of a new job, and photography/hunting have sort of been my creative outlet, and what I do to de-stress. Mixing music was stressing me out big time. :lol:

Just a plain ol' eastern brown snake. You know the one...second deadliest snake in the world. :lol: I was walking on private property with some friends while looking for feral pigs. My mates walked within about 1 foot of this bugger without realising. It wasn't until I nearly stood on him that we noticed he was there. I stood back about 6-8 feet fron him while taking the photos, before leaving him be and heading on our way. They are known for being aggressive so I was much more careful about taking pictures of him.

Near water, we also have plenty of run ins with red-bellied black snakes. They are nowhere near as venomous and are much more docile. I've stepped on them a couple of times and they slide off, or sometimes if they're in my way I poke them with a rifle or a fishing rod and that encourages them to move on.
_4183269.jpg

Great shots and beautiful girls with the NEX5 Soundlurker! I do notice some quality/artifacts issues which might be typical for the Nex (high iso?), but i love the shots! Right up my alley.

Here is a snapshot of my sleeping cat, i really like the composition of it:

Great shots and beautiful girls with the NEX5 Soundlurker! I do notice some quality/artifacts issues which might be typical for the Nex (high iso?), but i love the shots! Right up my alley.

Here is a snapshot of my sleeping cat, i really like the composition of it:

Thanks! Yeah all of these were just before sunset and with no flash so hardly any light to work with and I'm using the kit lens...

Sweet shot of the cat! :)

Really good photographers around here! Nice to see all kinds of photography aswell and different styles.

So I've been thinking about starting a business where I shoot 'ordinary' people and try to make them look like models. That means I have to pose them, make them feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera and also make them look as good as they possibly can. Tough job but very fun and rewarding. Had my first ever shoot in this style one week ago and did my second one a few days ago. These are some photos from the second shoot:

rebeckaweb.jpg

IMG_7537.jpg

IMG_7561.jpg

IMG_7679.jpg

IMG_7688.jpg

Any critique is welcome!

the last pic is nice, the pose, the face, looks cute but tough and the spike-bra adds a little
weird thing to it :D
I am pretty sure that you're the right guy to get that kind of business running without a problem,
your pictures speak for themselves.
Maybe you could connect with some make-up artists and stylists for stuff like that.
Doing before and after shoots, get them a nice make-up, hair styling, maybe clothing advices and
make them feel comfortable before you do the second shoot.

I am actually working on a Wordpress plugin for Before/After photos, still needs some time to get
it responsive and stuff, but I am trying to release it in about 5-7 weeks.

Btw. that girl looks cute anyways to me :D

@Carlsman

Nice work with the pics. Agree that the spike braw is kinda awkard. And nice work cause she looks like 10x better on the photos then the first one haha. False marketing if you ask me :D

Thanks!

Yeah, I had nothing to do with the bra, her choice. Didn't even know stuff like that existed, ha.

@StefTD
That was exactly my plan. Already in contact with a makeupartist and now looking for a hairstylist.
I hope I can get up and running in a few weeks. I just need some more practice.
By the way, before and after plugin? Like a before and after for the same picture showing retouching?

Just had another shoot today which went better. Will post pics in a few days. All critique is more than welcome!

Sounds great, really good idea - maybe I adapt that plan with a photographer friend of mine :D

About the before/after plugin, there's a jquery script that allows you to get this effect:
http://www.queness.com/resources/html/beforeafter/index.html

There are two Wordpress plugins with this functionality, but both of them got some flawes and
aren't compatible with newer Wordpress versions, so I am trying to do it better ;)
Easy installation and integration, a few simple steps to set it up and it should be responsive so
that it adapts correct to any theme.

I'm not a photographer and I haven't taken these myself, but I thought I'd share a few images anyway. I live in The Faroe Islands and we have had totally spectacular weather today, at least at sea. Strangely enough we get stronger winds than this quite a few times every year, sometimes considerably, but I've rarely seen the ocean come alive as it did today. Very, very impressive to witness.

Brim%201.jpg

Brim%202.jpg

Brim%207.jpg

Brim%206.jpg

Brim%203.jpg

Brim%204.jpg

Just to give some sort of perspective, the place where the two last pictures were taken looks like this when the weather is good:

3724918961_c8ee4065d4.jpg