The pics thread

Little Caesars is such crap, how can anyone not rank that at bottom? I'm a Pizza Hut person myself, but can accept that others may prefer Papa John's, CiCi's, or whatever. But Little Caesars is total crap. That they served it at my elementary school cafeteria every month is proof of that.

There's a chain around here that would be good if it put sauce in its pizza. They're called Vocelli's, and their pizza was served at the catholic school I went to.

I just don't eat at pizza chains. I rarely find myself in a place where there are no little independent pizza shops that are vastly better than any chain, and when I do I just don't eat pizza.

Meh, mom-and-pop pizza joints are a crap shoot. If they are very traditional, then yes, they are excellent. Unfortunately, too many small pizza shops are run by snobbish foodies who make bastardizations of pizza that have nothing in common with what I consider what pizza should be. "Goat cheese, broccoli, chicken, basil leaves and eggplant on a paper thin piece of baked flat bread? No thanks, Pierre, feed that shit to your poodle and make it again - the right way."

header_img.jpg

~ or ~

giordanos.jpg

This is what I had for lunch today, for a dollar. Quality traditional coal oven baked pizza from a place called Pattys in East Harlem.

Historically this is one of the best pizza joints in New York City.

I'm not very picky when it comes to where I get pizza. Little Caesar's is definitely the plainest of the plain, but I wouldn't call it bad. The best pizza I've had is Round Table. Also a small chain here in Northern California called Pizza My Heart is really good, I especially like their pesto pizza.

Pizza is by far my favorite food. If any of you Illinois people are ever going through Mattoon go to Villa Pizza. Best fucking pizza ever!!!! It burnt down last year, but I believe they are back in business. Monical's pizza is really good for thin crust. I'm also a fan of Chicago style deep dish. There aren't really very many good pizza places in KC. Minsky's is a chain that is fairly decent & there is a place close to me called Kelso's that is really good. We do have a Godfather's which is awesome cause they are few & far between anymore.

Almost all pizza is good, at least regionally here. The way pizza is made changes even in the most maintstream chains like Pizza Hut based on region based on my experience. I could eat pizza from pretty much anywhere, be it Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's, or small local places like Pizza Time and (especially) Sciortino's, which is, factually speaking, the best pizza ever.

Papa Johns is the best, but their sauce gives me heartburn (no other food does this, except their sauce!) so if I eat it I have to really want it.

Meh, mom-and-pop pizza joints are a crap shoot. If they are very traditional, then yes, they are excellent. Unfortunately, too many small pizza shops are run by snobbish foodies who make bastardizations of pizza that have nothing in common with what I consider what pizza should be. "Goat cheese, broccoli, chicken, basil leaves and eggplant on a paper thin piece of baked flat bread? No thanks, Pierre, feed that shit to your poodle and make it again - the right way."

Yeah, but you can tell which you're dealing with just by walking in. I don't mind the "gourmet" type so much when it's done well (i.e. relatively close to actual pizza), but definitely prefer the classic New York style.
Incidentally, Montreal has shitty pizza. Only found one actually decently good pizza place.

Oh my god I'm so fucking hungry.

I like those late-night indie pizza places. There's one called Soho's in Albany that I am a big fan of. Open until 5-6 am and a great place to sober up/get fat after dancing at 80s night. Bonus win: the entire staff are cute, friendly 20-something dudes.