The pics thread

(since no one likes to look at the photography thread :erk:)

Aaarrrghhh.gif

It's not true! I won't believe it!

(It's totally true for some reason).

Probably has something to do with non-camera enthusiasts not caring to read camera geeks orgasm over zoom lense descriptions and shutter speed.

Only three people post in the photography thread; Chase, Hubster and myself. Even Alina, the resident photog we all love, doesn't even post in it.

I always hope that when I see a new post in that thread, it's one of the non-photography people giving their opinion on what looks good and what doesn't. It's never the case though, EVER.

Probably has something to do with non-camera enthusiasts not caring to read camera geeks orgasm over zoom lense descriptions and shutter speed.

That's pretty dumb, specifically because you don't need to have a huge background in either camera gear or the photo techniques used to say "this looks good/bad".

That's pretty dumb, specifically because you don't need to have a huge background in either camera gear or the photo techniques used to say "this looks good/bad".

But how often are pictures posted? It's the camera tech talk no one wants to read except the "camera heads".

Photos are posted all the time. Hell, me and Chase just shot Amon Amarth in two different states/venues and Hubster just posted some pole-dancing stuff. When I finish working on more Amon Amarth stuff I'm going to post it, along with some older stuff from The Power of the Riff that I forgot to put up here.

Photos are posted all the time. Hell, me and Chase just shot Amon Amarth in two different states/venues and Hubster just posted some pole-dancing stuff. When I finish working on more Amon Amarth stuff I'm going to post it, along with some older stuff from The Power of the Riff that I forgot to put up here.

This.

And I remember Krig posting once in the thread about something I put up, but asides from that almost no one else does :erk:

Alright, it's time to decrease the gayness of this thread a bit. I put my car in a car show for the first time this morning. It was a great time. Met some cool people, talked cars, worked on getting some business for my brother. Yadda yadda, here are some pics:

Me (left), bro (right), and my car:

305.jpg

Bro standing next to our friend's car. He painted it and installed the Nismo body kit on it.

308.jpg

294.jpg

296.jpg

Nissan GT-R

300.jpg

(the guy next to my brother is the owner of the 350Z

302.jpg

298.jpg

Custom engine bay on a Corvette:

280.jpg

The painting done under the hood is pretty cool. The Corvette logo is ghosted at the top, it's really hard to see even in person but was cool as fuck.

281.jpg

Audi R8:

278.jpg

Carbon fiber out the ASS:

270.jpg

273.jpg

276.jpg

Porsche 911 Turbo:

309.jpg

And here's the GEM of the entire show. A 1956 Porsche Speedster. Original paint. It's fucking MINT. I had a good 30 minute conversation with the owner who approached me because my brother and I were drooling all over it. He said, "I'm glad to see you like the car! Usually guys your age don't even give this car a second thought." I pretty much told him his car is easily the best car on the lot and loved it. He eventually checked my car out, complimented Ryan and I on the work we did and took Ryan's card because he has some work for him. Great dude, great car, great time.

284.jpg

286.jpg

288.jpg

I got a few compliments on my car, a lot of people gawking at it, and quite a few pictures taken. Towards the end another guy pulled up in a RSX, a black one. He turboed it and did some other modifications to the engine but overall it looked like shit. He was jealous. I know this because he told me.

That car looks like a bulby penis to me. Then again I'm a part of the "young" crowd who wouldn't give that car a second thought. I'm a man of economy and progression when it comes right down to it (I don't like old cars at all :() I kind of wish I had an interest in cars, but frankly I don't give two shits how many horsepower my car has or how fast it reaches sixty (just so long as it reaches it).

That one picture where you have the three blue cars lined up, and yours is in the middle. The blue car to the left of yours with the deep blue... that color looks damn nice.