The pics thread

Interesting title, since it seems more to me that "nature" is being constricted and confined between walls of concrete and asphalt.

I look forward to the day when all roofs in a city are covered with trees.

One thing I would definitely do if I had enough money would be making an indoor park. I'd have it elevated, so there would be room for hills and stuff, and it would be like a giant greenhouse with a little ecosystem.

I think it would be awesome to sitting on the grass inside toward the edge, looking down at the snow-covered streets in the middle of the winter.

I like being within walking distance of everything I need, and around a lot of people and activity. I'm most definitely never going to live in any suburbs.

Different strokes. Personally, there are few things more invigorating to me than looking at a nice skyline. Whenever I go to a large city of New York or Hong Kong I feel like I'm in a nexus and pinnacle of human civilization.

I miss Hong Kong. It was so hard to get bored there.

HongKong%20Victoria%20Harbor.preview.jpg

I'm really tempted to visit hong kong someday. Don't have a really good reason to go other than the fascination with ultra-urbanized areas that look like futuristic/alien worlds.

I hate suburbs. They're such a terrible misuse of land. At least when you have a city the land is providing shelter and entertainment for more people, and when you have farmland it's providing food. Suburbs provide and illusion of a better life.

zabu of nΩd;10066399 said:
I'm really tempted to visit hong kong someday. Don't have a really good reason to go other than the fascination with ultra-urbanized areas that look like futuristic/alien worlds.

It's like New York in terms of population density. People spread these bullshit rumors that it's so crowded you can't stick your arms out, but that's only at night on the weekends in Mong Kok or during festivals. The apartments are small, but there are a ton of parks to go to. I recommend Sai Kung. It's beautiful and serene. You'd never guess it was right next to a city. Also, there's a road in this little town area by the park with a road called Fuk Man road which I found amusing.

Towards the east side the buildings are not as tall, and that's where a lot of foreigners live. It's when you get to areas on Hong Kong island like Central, Mong Kok, and Wan Chai that it starts looking like Blade Runner. Most of the buildings are really new and give the city this very futuristic visage. Fuck. I wanna go back now.

Totally. I'm contemplating living there. Though, learning Cantonese kinda freaks me out. Nine tones, and they write in Chinese traditional. x_x