The pics thread

It's a tent sized specifically for Ram 1500 truck beds. Not the most practical thing in the universe and it's a PITA to set up, but it sure is a nice big tent. Fits a full size air mattress too.

So if you had a normal van you wouldn't have to set up anything but pick-up vans are a cultural heritage of Amruca.

This is just too artsy as fuck not to share.

CAM00946.jpg

I like the shirt too! Mort where are your parents from by the way?

From as in ethnic background?

My father I'm not familiar with that much outside of him being partly Native, but I've no way to find out further...

As for my mom, I think she's told me that her great-grandparents were from Denmark, and I know there were also people from Quebec and Ireland too

So if you had a normal van you wouldn't have to set up anything but pick-up vans are a cultural heritage of Amruca.

Pickup trucks are very practical for carrying large/bulky items, furniture, etc. It is a total impractical luxury item.

Pickup trucks are very practical for carrying large/bulky items, furniture, etc. It is a total impractical luxury item.

He has a regular cab though. Relatively reasonable gas mileage with increased utility, and shouldn't have been any more expansive than most sedans. Looks pretty practical for the sort of offhours stuff you guys do.

"Normal" vans have horrible gas mileage, high centers of gravity, usually no 4wd, no bed for hauling dirtier stuff, etc.

Yeah, I meant the tent is impractical. Though he works 9-5 in an office and we live in a city.

His last car was a Hyundai Accent, so I suspect the next one will be somewhere in between.

Given the number of things that crawl and walk on the ground at night, putting the tent in the back of the truck is a win. The last couple of times I went camping when I had my Megacab I laid the back seat down flat and had an air mattress on it and we slept in there. Didn't even have to fuck with a tent.

I got home from Ireland yesterday. The place was a blast and the Guinness was excellent. Dublin was loads of fun, but the West had the best sights.

One of the Cliffs of Moher

Standing on the edge pictured above with a friend

From as in ethnic background?

My father I'm not familiar with that much outside of him being partly Native, but I've no way to find out further...

As for my mom, I think she's told me that her great-grandparents were from Denmark, and I know there were also people from Quebec and Ireland too

Daddy issues, eh?

Can't say I'm surprised.

Oh yeah sowwy. But you do call them pick-ups no? They come up when I image-google "pick-up trucks" so yeah.

Yeah beautiful pictures Black Orifice! I always imagined Ireland to be sunny for some reason, but the landscape is nice.

They are called pick ups, but pick up vans are different than pick up trucks.

Edit: Decided to elaborate. Pick up vans might be a city thing. I lived around Flatbush Brooklyn for awhile and the pick up vans were these big vans that picked up people at red lights and took you to your destination for $1 (well you should always ask where it was going because sometimes they weren't going where you needed to). They were kinda like buses but not really because they didn't have the same route all the time and they weren't formal and were usually driven by immigrants. I remember always sitting on the floor because they use to be ridiculously crowded.