The pics thread

sOOlrLB.jpg

I was supposed to work today, but even retailers were forced to come to their senses and close up shop. I waited until the late afternoon to go out and snap some picks of the snow at its deepest.

I fucking hate snow. I'm gonna have to dig this piece of shit out when it finally stops snowing tomorrow.

Ah! Sorry bastards, with your snow pile excuses for automobiles. How the fuck is a plow even going to come through here? Looks like no work tomorrow either.

The main roads were shitty too, but less shitty. I had grown quite exhausted wading through snow up to my thigh on the back roads, so the change was nice. A few people are walking the roads, stopping by 7/Eleven to grab whatever it is they're going there to grab--some soda or scratch-offs, perhaps blunts, or whatever--or they're taking their very excited dogs out for a stroll. A few cars attempt to drive. They drive either too fast or too slow. A Corolla was flying across the slippery surface, perhaps to compensate for their bald tires with excessive momentum.

Fucking shit.

Some Guardsmen having some fun. They laugh at me as they pass by.

Turned the corner here. Little traffic. Some people were walking about. One was yelling money to an improvised and pitchy tune while dragging around a snow shovel. Another said something to me as I passed by--it didn't strike me as polite. I take little notice, for by this point I've turned against the wind and my face is getting pummeled with ice.

I penetrate deeper and deeper into the whiteness as darkness begins to envelop the surroundings. I'm growing rather delirious by this point.

Even the local community center has closed!

I stare into the abyss. My existence compels me to fall into it.

Bitch didn't even deliver the mail.

Also, a cool tree (part 2)

Snow here looks similar to BO's, with WVs mountains and spiderwebbing back roads though, it's usually uglier than in most places. Our road has inches of snow on it, completely untouched by most. Work shut down earlier Friday in preparation and is still closed. I'm not picking it back up until Tuesday. Not like I could even leave right now if I wanted to.

I like the romanticised version of snowy weather, but in reality I'm sure it's a total pain in the ass, unless you're Iron Wizard and you're just some young twat with no responsibilities.

Snows cool to look at and play in and stuff.... Until you're a real fucking adult and have to drive in the stupid shit to work every day. Michigan gets two feet of snow, it is not a permitted excuse to skip work. When it's the norm where you live it is absolutely an awful pain in the ass.

Snows cool to look at and play in and stuff.... Until you're a real fucking adult and have to drive in the stupid shit to work every day. Michigan gets two feet of snow, it is not a permitted excuse to skip work. When it's the norm where you live it is absolutely an awful pain in the ass.

God damn. Western Australia's version of extreme weather is 40+ degree days and depending on the company they'll either give you the day or send you home early. People pass out and shit, die even.

So much snow outside. Shit brought NYC to a standstill. No trains were running, no buses, nothing. Havent been outside since Friday. I wish the fucking blizzard came tonight so I'd have tomorrow off.