The pics thread

WY4PpoY.jpg

ouch. Maybe my taste buds aren't as refined but I had this last night (duck breast) and it was medium rare. I took two bites and couldn't finish it. I don't get he hype at all.

xuebo.jpg

It wasn't. I gave my leftovers to my date. She was thrilled.

That shit was gross.

Don't think i like the taste of dark meat. maybe it would've been better in a soup or something, but just like that with nothing to like... offset it? Yuck.

It wasn't. I gave my leftovers to my date. She was thrilled.

That shit was gross.

Don't think i like the taste of dark meat. maybe it would've been better in a soup or something, but just like that with nothing to like... offset it? Yuck.

Do you like Pho (vietnamese soup)? they do wonders with duck, let it slow cook overnight, get all the fat and marrow into the broth.

image.jpeg

Went mushrooming today with my dad. Didn't find much but I did find these Old Man of the Woods mushrooms. Super powerful mushroom taste. Here they're soaking in salt water to evict any unwanted settlers. Fried them in butter and put them in ramen. Not 100% sure I'd call these desirable.

Kinda jealous of your mushroom experience Krow. I tried to get into that as a hobby, but we have such a poor wild selection in SoCal. Cool stuff. how long have you been at this?

This spring and summer really but I've talked to my dad about it for years... I've been learning as an incentive to getting out and being more active. Mostly self teaching through an autobahn book. People are pretty scared of wild mushrooms for the most part but if you arent stupid and take chances on things you arent sure about its pretty safe, I dare say. WV has a huge assortment of mushrooms and its usually humid and rainy throughout the summer so theres always mushrooms around.

In general I've been trying to be a little more self sufficienct. I like the idea that with a gun and a fishing pole and a little know how I can feed myself if I were ever hungry.

This spring and summer really but I've talked to my dad about it for years... I've been learning as an incentive to getting out and being more active. Mostly self teaching through an autobahn book. People are pretty scared of wild mushrooms for the most part but if you arent stupid and take chances on things you arent sure about its pretty safe, I dare say. WV has a huge assortment of mushrooms and its usually humid and rainy throughout the summer so theres always mushrooms around.

In general I've been trying to be a little more self sufficienct. I like the idea that with a gun and a fishing pole and a little know how I can feed myself if I were ever hungry.

Audubon book, I assume. I don't believe that a book about a really fast German road would help with mushroom hunting.

Either way, that's a cool hobby. If I didn't live in the city, I would give it a shot too.

My phone apparently thought I was referring to the road. It's an interesting hobby but not goin to lie, it can be incredibly frustrating when you're hoping to score and just not finding anything especially when conditions are right. I've yet to find a healthy chicken of the woods this year and that's my favorite of all mushrooms.