The pics thread

My wife and I went on a nice trip for our anniversary last month - started in Chicago and ended up in the Michigan Upper Peninsula. Went to the shipwreck museum there, seventeen miles from where the Edmund Fitzgerald went down.

IMG_1502.JPG

Reactions: CiG
Re: mushrooms, we're hoping to do some first time hunting when we go camping in the next few weeks. Apparently Michigan is like morel central so fingers crossed because we're really not bringing much food.

Reactions: Krow
Technically no but I've been following a fb group awhile and some folks are still getting them. We'll see what we can find.

Chanterelles should be ready or almost there soon. That'd be my personal target for ground mushrooms right now.

I wish I could go look today actually, hard rain yesterday morning but looks like I'm going to be at work until 8 or later...

I'd be interested in seeing anything you found btw, if you felt so inclined.

Chanterelles should be ready or almost there soon. That'd be my personal target for ground mushrooms right now.

I wish I could go look today actually, hard rain yesterday morning but looks like I'm going to be at work until 8 or later...

I'd be interested in seeing anything you found btw, if you felt so inclined.

Yup chanterelles will be main objective but def hoping for some straggling morels and hear tell lobsters are a possibility. Will fa sho share any finds. :headbang:

I wouldn't know lobsters if I saw them. I wish I was more knowledgable with bolete mushrooms because wv is absolutely polluted with them. I've been finding studded puffballs here too, usually small but really tasty.

I've been seeing a lot of milk cap mushrooms too which I'm thinking I'm not going to pick up any more. They range from being interesting to reeking of dead fish.

Those Old Man of the Woods mushrooms I posted a bit ago, I'm not sure if I'd recommend them. They're easily identifiable but taste a bit like dirt, cook up very soggy, and turn (themselves and what you add them to) a not very appetizing shade of black. But if you're like me, you've gotta eat them for yourself once just to see.

I should just pull an Onder and walk outside and take pictures of all my pepper plants. My jalapeno/Hungarian wax/bell peppers are all yielding like crazy, my paper lantern habanero plants are completely covered and the chocolate habanero are starting to fruit. Life's alright.

My good friend in the band Funereality (for fun one-man band Autopsy worship that you'll probably all hate - but anyway) finally pressed his Goregeous EP tapes and sent me one and he used a logo I designed for him on both the tape art, stickers and for patches (I actually hate the logo) and I have to say it's pretty weird having a patch of a band you really like that you designed.

IMGP0002.JPG

Looks like jizz, so much grim detail was lost on top of the fact that I just don't like the design at all. Luckily I convinced him to use a different logo for whatever he releases in the future.

IMGP0006.JPG

But at the end of the day, it's a cool experience, I've actually gotten much better at designing logos since this one which is almost 2 years old now.

Reactions: The Butt
My good friend in the band Funereality (for fun one-man band Autopsy worship that you'll probably all hate - but anyway) finally pressed his Goregeous EP tapes and sent me one and he used a logo I designed for him on both the tape art, stickers and for patches (I actually hate the logo) and I have to say it's pretty weird having a patch of a band you really like that you designed.

View attachment 6047

Looks like jizz, so much grim detail was lost on top of the fact that I just don't like the design at all. Luckily I convinced him to use a different logo for whatever he releases in the future.

View attachment 6048

But at the end of the day, it's a cool experience, I've actually gotten much better at designing logos since this one which is almost 2 years old now.

I'm not really a fan of that sort of logo, but I think it must be cool to design something and have it used on an actual release.