The pics thread

7EVWfV1.jpg

R6lHw2j.jpg

Probably no one suddenly triggered even bothered, in remembrance, to blow the proverbial dust off the Motorhead albums/mp3s they don't listen to anyway.

Pretty idiotic to imply that Motörhead isn't a staple band that is always being spun by metalheads, as if only now people are listening to them in an attempt to virtue-signal over a death.

One could easily go through 'Albums currently kicking your ass' and 'np' threads to see the regularity in which Motörhead show up.

Reactions: Onder
Pretty idiotic to imply that Motörhead isn't a staple band that is always being spun by metalheads, as if only now people are listening to them in an attempt to virtue-signal over a death.

One could easily go through 'Albums currently kicking your ass' and 'np' threads to see the regularity in which Motörhead show up.

I'm not saying people are spinning them now. I specifically said they probably aren't. I'm not in the NP or ass kicking thread regularly, but when I do go in I don't see Motorhead, and no one even bothers to argue about them. Most mentions of them are little more than Lemmy memes.

I'm not saying people are spinning them now. I specifically said they probably aren't. I'm not in the NP or ass kicking thread regularly, but when I do go in I don't see Motorhead, and no one even bothers to argue about them. Most mentions of them are little more than Lemmy memes.

If you like I can go through both threads and find you examples that disprove this characterization you've constructed here but I think we both know you actually don't think this and you're just being contrarian because someone died and caring about "celebrity" deaths likely grates on you for some reason.

It's usually the same 3 albums anyway (the ones that are the most in crowd). I think Krow is the only one I know of that owns/spins more than 3 of their albums

Which 3?

If you like I can go through both threads and find you examples that disprove this characterization you've constructed here but I think we both know you actually don't think this and you're just being contrarian because someone died and caring about "celebrity" deaths likely grates on you for some reason.

I'm sure you can find someone listening to Motorhead. That's not a point prover. I cared about Cornell's death because it was early and tragic. Dying in your late 60s isn't really early.

I'm sure you can find someone listening to Motorhead. That's not a point prover. I cared about Cornell's death because it was early and tragic. Dying in your late 60s isn't really early.

Sure, but only caring about the death of a relevant person in your life (to whatever degree) based on the age and method they died is a pretty strange restriction.

I'm sure you can find someone listening to Motorhead. That's not a point prover.

Sure it is, because what I'm trying to prove is that people commonly listen to Motörhead regardless of the context. You're projecting your own relationship with Motörhead on to the larger population of metalheads. It's pure cynicism.

Sure, but only caring about the death of a relevant person in your life (to whatever degree) based on the age and method they died is a pretty strange restriction.

Caring =/= making a big deal about it/memes. Death in old age is inevitable, and so not specifically "unfortunate".

Sure it is, because what I'm trying to prove is that people commonly listen to Motörhead regardless of the context. You're projecting your own relationship with Motörhead on to the larger population of metalheads. It's pure cynicism.

Well, 30 year olds anyway.

Case in point: I spun (and posted) the first Motörhead album on Wednesday and Bomber on Thursday, both purely coincidentally as I hadn't found out about the death yet.

@Atomic Tide posted and spun We Are Motörhead on Sunday and Inferno on Dec 31.
@RadicalThrasher posted and spun Sacrifice on Dec 24.

I didn't even have to go back that far and all this during the period in the GMD that people were cramming 2017 albums for their lists.

Death in old age is inevitable, and so not specifically "unfortunate".

Unfortunate can have different context, for example it could be unfortunate that an aged musician, while old and close to death, will regardless no longer be making musical contributions that millions of people love and look forward to.

Well, 30 year olds anyway.

Iron Wizard is a Motörhead fan and has made Motörhead threads on this site.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Case in point: I spun (and posted) the first Motörhead album on Wednesday and Bomber on Thursday, both purely coincidentally as I hadn't found out about the death yet.

@Atomic Tide posted and spun We Are Motörhead on Sunday and Inferno on Dec 31.
@RadicalThrasher posted and spun Sacrifice on Dec 24.

I didn't even have to go back that far and all this during the period in the GMD that people were cramming 2017 albums for their lists.

Unfortunate can have different context, for example it could be unfortunate that an aged musician, while old and close to death, will regardless no longer be making musical contributions that millions of people love and look forward to.

Iron Wizard is a Motörhead fan and has made Motörhead threads on this site.

I'm impressed with your dedication. Apparently Motorhead has at least one fan :p