The pics thread

I don't see why not to be proud of your race, heritage and whatnots. What, are you so self loathing that you can't be proud of yourself regardless of who you are?

Why not question it? When people say, "be proud", it infers; yes, you can't change your blood, but damnit, you'd better like it!

It shouldn't be as though you must be proud of your blood. You're at least given a funny look if you mention you dislike your heritage, people related to you, etc... but, isn't that kind of thinking rather funny?

I don't think it's self loathing so much as it is your own personal preference you've developed. You can still be proud of who you are otherwise, right? It reminds me of the obese acceptance. "Yes, I'm fat, but I'm beautiful with fat. It's unhealthy, I look horrible, but I have to feel good about myself."

Why not question it? When people say, "be proud", it infers; yes, you can't change your blood, but damnit, you'd better like it!

It shouldn't be as though you must be proud of your blood. You're at least given a funny look if you mention you dislike your heritage, people related to you, etc... but, isn't that kind of thinking rather funny?

I don't think it's self loathing so much as it is your own personal preference you've developed. You can still be proud of who you are otherwise, right? It reminds me of the obese acceptance. "Yes, I'm fat, but I'm beautiful with fat. It's unhealthy, I look horrible, but I have to feel good about myself."

That works:)

Being proud of ones heritage is a good thing, as it inspired you to live up to the nobility and grandeur of your forefathers; to make them proud of you. It compels you to do what is best for your country, the country you love, to improve it and carry on its spirit and culture in your heart.

Pride in ones heritage is only nonsense if you're a fat pig, glued to your sofa and with your own private little straw into your government's bank account.

I don't see why not to be proud of your race, heritage and whatnots. What, are you so self loathing that you can't be proud of yourself regardless of who you are?

That's not what we're arguing here---- We're arguing the fact that it's silly to be proud of something you have no control over. Like beautiful women who think they're so wonderful for being beautiful and are gods gift simply because they were born with the attractive gene.

It's got nothing to do with you, where you were born, who your ancestors were. It's just random "luck" (or unluck, however you see it.)

However, I agree you can, and often should, be interested in your heritage. As well as other people's heritages.

I decided to get a haircut for the first time in around one and a half years and since have a digital camera took a picture of myself with my new hair for the hell of it.
Picture127-2.jpg

Yeah I suppose the idea of being proud of one's racial heritage is incoherent. At least it seems that way. But being extremely interested in and fond of it is certainly ok.

thats more appropriate. but I would love to return to the motherland in the future.