The pics thread

my new lady new pic
paulabrightonvy5.jpg

Being proud of ones heritage is a good thing, as it inspired you to live up to the nobility and grandeur of your forefathers; to make them proud of you. It compels you to do what is best for your country, the country you love, to improve it and carry on its spirit and culture in your heart.

Pride in ones heritage is only nonsense if you're a fat pig, glued to your sofa and with your own private little straw into your government's bank account.

Others said it pretty well, but I'm bored, so...

What I'm saying is that I wear a size 6 shoe. That's the size of my foot, like it or not. I can't change it and I didn't choose it. Why should I be proud of that?

I think we should be proud of accomplishments and acheivements, not random acts of fate. Be proud you won the spelling bee in 6th grade, be proud you made the most free throws, be proud of things you had a hand in doing, not things you had no control over. That's all.

I don't care if people are interested in culture, theirs or otherwise. As long as it's a healthy interest and not the kind where you go to meetings whering a sheet and stuff. That's where I see "being proud" of one's heritage often leading and I have no use for any of that crap.

Spoken as a true culture-deprived person.

And obviously, culture is the chief point here, but heritage (or racial purity, if you really want it spelled out) puts you closer to that, as that is where it stemmed from.

Others said it pretty well, but I'm bored, so...

What I'm saying is that I wear a size 6 shoe. That's the size of my foot, like it or not. I can't change it and I didn't choose it. Why should I be proud of that?

I think we should be proud of accomplishments and acheivements, not random acts of fate. Be proud you won the spelling bee in 6th grade, be proud you made the most free throws, be proud of things you had a hand in doing, not things you had no control over. That's all.

I don't care if people are interested in culture, theirs or otherwise. As long as it's a healthy interest and not the kind where you go to meetings whering a sheet and stuff. That's where I see "being proud" of one's heritage often leading and I have no use for any of that crap.

I'm not a big fan of that whole kind of thing myself, but, what Crimson is saying is highly influenced by the kind of life many lead where he is from. Family lineage is extremely important, a big symbol of pride, of meaning, but not so as to demean other races etc. For him, with the family history he has, life is almost meaningless without heritage, it gives him his place in his world, his strength and purpose.

It is a difficult concept for many of us to understand, as such a phenomenon is uncommon these days, in our mixed and modern world that we live in. What Crimson has is a (sadly enough) dying tradition. From his pov, I totally understand why it is important to him, but also from your pov, I also understand why the concept being so important, being such a pillar to ones own life, is alien.