The PoS thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no talent. He's just another wanky prog musician with a horrible voice. Talent is composing a good song, regardless of technical ability. I would say that DG can go dive off a cliff, but his death would more than likely cause a sudden influx of "OMG PoS WAS SO GREAT OMGOMGOMGOMG" and the tears of a thousand fanbois would flood the land.

... I think it's time for bed.

I would seriously SERIOUSLY have to question your intelligence Zach,no wonder you rile people up,i can now understand it:mad:

He is the only person on earth that could actually make most prog bands shittier. The ONLY thing.
(repost from OT thread)

He has no talent. He's just another wanky prog musician with a horrible voice. Talent is composing a good song, regardless of technical ability. I would say that DG can go dive off a cliff, but his death would more than likely cause a sudden influx of "OMG PoS WAS SO GREAT OMGOMGOMGOMG" and the tears of a thousand fanbois would flood the land.

Great band....

They are MILES a head of bands like Pink Floyd!!!

I really hope you are joking, because it'd be funny if you were. If you weren't joking....

PoS is a good example of a band member's behavior turning me off of his band. After 9/11, DG put a big splash page on the band's site about how stupid Americans were and how we deserved it..uh, not just NO, but HELL NO. Hate on our (admittedly lame) government officials all you want, DG, but don't hate on an entire country of people you don't know from Adam, many of whom dislike those same officials, and many of whom are (or were) fans of your band. Utter BS, IMO. That and the preachy or drama llama tone of pretty much all of their music these days did it for me..I'll pass on PoS. Shame, because I loved OHbtCL way back when, but such is life.

I would seriously SERIOUSLY have to question your intelligence Zach,no wonder you rile people up,i can now understand it:mad:

Learn how to speak English and then question someone's intelligence. It might make you look like less of an idiot.

Besides, your opinion is not the be-all-end-all, obviously.

The hate towards USA is not merely because it is USA i think, it is because the USA has taken on the colonizer "mission" of major European countries and is the major neo-colonizer power of today. If for example England were to be like before today, it would be English who are hated not the "Americans". It is related to the power and how you use it. (Or how you achieved that power ) I would not support USA in this sense, sorry. There are of course good "INDIVIDUALS" in all nations, but DG's criticism has not got very much to do with them i think ;)

BTW, As far as i know. USA is not America; and most (non-USA'ian) Americans hate the fact that they subsume the name on their behalf and nearly all people around the world mean USA when saying America, although this must adress to the continent. Just an off-off topic issue :D

If you hate America so much, why do you live here? (generic question)

I didn't exactly have a choice in where I was born, duh. I'd like to see it improve from the cesspool that it has become. Great constitution, great idea, poorly executed in recent decades. I plan to move elsewhere when possible. However the "love it or leave it" attitude is unexplicably childish. Chalk it up with fanboyism, nationalism (did you all know that 'nazi' is an abbreviation for the first part of the word nationalist as pronounced in German?) and other idiocies of humanity. If you have a problem with my views, which I can discuss much more in detail, you can stick a "God Bless America" sticker on your car and go on your merry way.

I didn't exactly have a choice in where I was born, duh. I'd like to see it improve from the cesspool that it has become. Great constitution, great idea, poorly executed in recent decades. I plan to move elsewhere when possible. However the "love it or leave it" attitude is unexplicably childish. If you have a problem with my views, which I can discuss much more in detail, you can stick a "God Bless America" sticker on your car and go on your merry way.

I asked you a simple question. No need to get all on your high horse.

I asked you a simple question. No need to get all on your high horse.

I gave my simple answer. If you want forwarning of a not-simple answer, check out the religion thread on Dan Swanö's forum, of which about 14 pages of text consist of my replies. Perhaps if I type in an intelligent manner (like you were just talking about, learning correct grammatical English and the vocabulary with which one can express themselves clearly) I am suddenly on a high horse.

Come on now, don't be a hypocrite. This thread's about a band.

PS Time-Machinist is Turkish. His English is quite good. FYI.

I gave my simple answer. If you want forwarning of a not-simple answer, check out the religion thread on Dan Swanö's forum, of which about 14 pages of text consist of my replies. Perhaps if I type in an intelligent manner (like you were just talking about, learning correct grammatical English and the vocabulary with which one can express themselves clearly) I am suddenly on a high horse.

Come on now, don't be a hypocrite. This thread's about a band.

"If you have a problem with my views, which I can discuss much more in detail, you can stick a "God Bless America" sticker on your car and go on your merry way"

That's petty high-horshish to me. But fuck it, I don't know why I'm posting on this forum anymore

Learn how to speak English and then question someone's intelligence. It might make you look like less of an idiot.

Besides, your opinion is not the be-all-end-all, obviously.

Do you never learn? You were temp-banned for insulting people not even a month ago..sorry, but you were warned. You're no longer welcome here.

I really hope you are joking, because it'd be funny if you were. If you weren't joking....

I claimed that I like PoS more then PF out here or at the Opeth section (I can't remember) and it's brought up everytime a PoS thread like this is started...

Miles a head was an exaggeration....

Status
Not open for further replies.