The 'Promote Your Band' Thread Mk.II

No it's not that - congrats by all means - but seriously, I don't know what Steve's problem is. He axes Vindicator claiming he's got no more slots on FTA left then he goes and books about five other bands? If he just came clean and gave us a reason staight up then we'd be alright with it - what we're no alright with is being continuously lied to.

It's fuck all against you or Thrashist Regime, props to you. I've just got absolutely not fucking idea why Stevie has been such a twat to us about this whole FTA thing - and I messaged him in November, before he'd start planning it and long before I was even in the fucking band. You look at it this way, I'm pretty sure you can understand why we're seriously unhappy about this.

Bamp.

Rehearsal went fucking well, everything is almost completely nailed give or take bits of Monolith. Anyone attending on the 30th will be in for a fucking treat.

EDIT: Just had to turn down a gig offer for this weekend due to short notice and the fact that Verm and ryan are working that day. Piss!!

And yet ANOTHER fucking update from me. Does anybody actually have anything interesting to say about their bands anymore?

Anyway, I started another recording-only project that, much like the Skullstörm thing, could last anything between one album to four bloody million. A 'band' (read: two-piece) entitled 'Grand Cross' which deals exclusively in... covers of video game music. So yes, before anyone mentions it, much like Powerglove - except we're not shit. We're currently taking any legitimate requests that're actually feasible (no ridiculous ones!) and we're HOPING to have our first so-called album "Arrange Collection Vol.1" done by the end of the year, which will be available for free download when it's done... we avoid nasty and complicated legalities that way. If Vol.1 gets a decent enough reception then we'll do Vol.2, and if that gets a good reception then we'll do a Vol.3 etc. with the odd 'special' album here and there dedicated to specific games, companies or themes... you get the idea.

I reckon Vol.1 and Vol.2 will be recorded at once to save us time and hassle. this is far from anything serious, it's nothing but harmless fun that'll take as long as we want it to - that said, we'll almost definitely be doing the full 12 to 18 minute version of Dancing Mad from Final fantasy VI just to fucking challenge the hell out of ourselves. Expect a fucking shitload of ridicuousness.

Short clips from rehearsals:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed27iTfv2Bc&feature=share[/ame]
Sorry for the bad soundquality, we're playing to loud for the camera.

yeah man good stuff, solid playing!

we recorded 4 demos yesterday, doing another 4 in a month

And yet ANOTHER fucking update from me. Does anybody actually have anything interesting to say about their bands anymore?

Anyway, I started another recording-only project that, much like the Skullstörm thing, could last anything between one album to four bloody million. A 'band' (read: two-piece) entitled 'Grand Cross' which deals exclusively in... covers of video game music. So yes, before anyone mentions it, much like Powerglove - except we're not shit. We're currently taking any legitimate requests that're actually feasible (no ridiculous ones!) and we're HOPING to have our first so-called album "Arrange Collection Vol.1" done by the end of the year, which will be available for free download when it's done... we avoid nasty and complicated legalities that way. If Vol.1 gets a decent enough reception then we'll do Vol.2, and if that gets a good reception then we'll do a Vol.3 etc. with the odd 'special' album here and there dedicated to specific games, companies or themes... you get the idea.

I reckon Vol.1 and Vol.2 will be recorded at once to save us time and hassle. this is far from anything serious, it's nothing but harmless fun that'll take as long as we want it to - that said, we'll almost definitely be doing the full 12 to 18 minute version of Dancing Mad from Final fantasy VI just to fucking challenge the hell out of ourselves. Expect a fucking shitload of ridicuousness.

Robotnik themes from Sonic one and two, and the final boss in Sonic one. And the Streetfighter main theme (megadrive version).