The pure agony of listening to those wonderful albums...

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
I am now a God. I just made it through the entire Today is the Day catalogue in one day, all albums back to back. Bow down, my minions!

Sadness Will Prevail has got to be the hardest album in history to listen to all the way through. 144+ minutes of pure unlistenable chaos and madness. God, it's beautiful. It makes Nattens Madrigal look like Soilwork.

So what are some kick-ass hard-to-listen-to albums you guys enjoy?

Sadness Will Prevail is a monumental work. I think I've only listened to it all the way through in one sitting once. I was considering giving it a listen all the way through recently, but I don't think I've be able to make it again.

Sadness Will Prevail is the definition of insanity. When I first got it I thought there was no way I would EVER make it through both discs, let alone in one sitting. Done it several times now, each time better than the last.

Thats one of my all-time favs and have listened it through plenty of times. So surreal and staright fucking chaotic.

Ya, the first couple Esoteric albums are tough too.

I'd say Absu - Tara qualifies for this discussion. Indeed, it is nonstop haunting thrash terror, and it takes a lot to sit through entirely. Face melting speed.

Yeah I didn't say that Khanate fucking splits my bung in half, because it so god damn doies.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK that is a RUCKED up albuem.